Essendon vs Adelaide - Review

MAN that Brisbane loss was annoying.

1 Like

If it walks like a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€¦

Then itā€™s probably a Sydney supporter.

1 Like

Or Geelong.

I feel what some of the guys are saying here is unreasonable.

We came into the match hoping to beat them. They came into the match expecting to beat us. They are the top team for a reason. Our best 22 simply cannot beat their best 22 on their day. Maybe on our day. Maybe.

We thought we could beat them because our best is good enough, yes, but we are still not mature enough as a group. We are not rebuilding, are we? Maybe that is the reason why Woosha hasnā€™t handed too many games to younger players, except for McKenna, Gleeson, and Hartley - they were made to work hard to get a spot.

As for the first year draftees, maybe it is all about developing their bodies against bigger and older bodies at a level where they can learn how to play with their new teammates without difficulty. Maybe not, who knows - I am just an armchair expert after all, but there are certainly questions that need to be answered.

However, I think it is important to recognise that we were never going to be a top 2 or 4 team. We could be up there if we didnā€™t lose to Carlton and Brisbane, but it would be only because we played them twice, not because we are a top 4 team.

Our 4 most impressive wins were against West Coast, Geelong, Port Adelaide and St. Kilda. Only Geelong is in top 4, and they were ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  close to beating us. Really close - had they switched on earlier in the game, theyā€™d probably have beaten us. Port, like WC, is in top 8 only because they are flat-track bullies, nothing more or less.

We lost to GWS, Adelaide, Richmond and Melbourne because they are better than us. Weā€™re a top 6-8 team at best, even if we play the kids like Mutch and Begley instead of Coyler, Howlett, Green or Myers.

So, I reckon we still have done well this year considering the circumstances, even with the losses against Brisbane and Carlton. Still expect us to get better next year, though!

4 Likes

Sorry meant to say ā€œlabelled a Knights Haterā€ for 3 long yearsā€¦ i.e. went through the same issues then. If you say anything against the coach you ā€œhateā€ themā€¦ or hate the club or arenā€™t a real supporter or are stupid, ignorant, depressing, pessimistic and not worthy of posting on a forum.

Everyone seems to love the concept of ā€œeveryone is entitled to an opinionā€ until that opinion doesnā€™t match their own.

For the record I didnā€™t hate Knights anymore than I ā€˜hateā€™ Wooshaā€¦ I just didnā€™t think Knights was right for the job and I donā€™t think Woosha is either. Iā€™ll still support the boys every week and never want anything other than victory and good things.

1 Like

Adelaide apparently resting Sloane and Walker this week. Bastards!!

1 Like

I donā€™t think thatā€™s correct. People do get sensitive about some stuff - myself not the least. But I donā€™t believe Iā€™ve ever had a go at anyone stating an opinion that wasnā€™t offensive, and canā€™t remember seeing anyone else doing it ether - though I may have missed it.

They were always going to field the best side possible for a game in Melbourne against a genuinely good side in us. We would have been a warm up for the finals. And a good warm up we were unfortunately.

1 Like

Yes, you may have.

If I have - and I wouldnā€™t be that surprised, fair enough.
What I usually notice though, is the metaphorical entering a public bar, ranting and flailing arms around with no care of who gets caught up in it - and then complaints when blows come back the other way.

Thereā€™s certainly elements of that. But, thereā€™s also elements of this:

1 Like

If thatā€™s all there was to the lead-up to that comment, I see your point and support it.

Highly doubt it.
Swans are the only team the Crows are genuinely scared of, no way they risk them finishing 4th and meeting them in week 1.

In that particular instance, from memory, yes.

I just think it would be nice if people who donā€™t think Wosha is doing all he could werenā€™t labelled disloyal or armchair experts or fkwits or ā€œnot real supportersā€.

Itā€™s a forum to discuss Essendon after all.

Anyway, play on.

2 Likes

Well, ā€¦TBF, ā€¦ that was hardly all there was in the lead up to that.

Dings Worsfold & /or coaching sarc has been going on for months now, ā€¦ and it does get fking tiresome.

The first sentence there was unnecessary, ā€¦ but I totally u/stand the rolled eyes frustration behind 2nd one.

Sure. I will say this though - you can upset someone by calling them something hurtful or horrible. You can equally upset someone by calling them something relatively mild - like ā€˜idiotā€™ for example - but doing it 50 times. Not telling you anything you donā€™t know.

FWIW, I wasnā€™t specifically referring to you in my post but Dingus just raised one, tiny example of it. I could quote another 100 over the journey if I wanted toā€¦ but who cares/can be bothered.

There is a very strong group who will continually attack and abuse if you offer a differing opinion to theirsā€¦ and they somehow want to claim that you have no right being a forum either?! Makes no sense because I have always assumed that any supporter that bothers to be an active member of Blitz must love the club a lot. You donā€™t follow and post in a footy forum unless you care about something imho.

Either way I hope my point makes sense, even if we still disagree!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve only watched the 1st qtr thus far, ā€¦ but with 4 minutes left, Stewie lines up for an easier shot than the one he makes minutes earlier, and botches it, ā€¦ minutes later hepp gets an easier chance than the one he hit when he told BJ to shut it, ā€¦ and misses by a mile.

After that, we had some shittee HTB decisions, then young Andys 2 in a row uncharachteristic clangers that both turn into Crow goals, . the 2nd right on the siren.

It could have been a very different story at qtr time, and you could make the argument, might have made all the difference to the entire game.

It was an awful 4 minutes for us, after what was up until that point, a very good start, ā€¦ and you can just see the heads drop after the 2nd goal.

Quoted to find out what you were called. Ouch.