Essendon vs Adelaide - Review

One good game in half a year , almost 2 years ago. That sort of thing gets someone a new 3 year deal at essendon

1 Like

Anyone watch the vfl today?

If mutch doesn’t offer more than Colyer or Howlett then you have my permission to peg me with a fucken brick.

Lav wasn’t ready when he came back, was dropped for a vfl bye week and rushed back in. Begley “will play this year” according to Worsfold. Tonight might have been good, or maybe any of the other weeks he should have been selected.

13 Likes

Worsfold says the same things repeatedly too.

What in the above post is false?

1 Like

“Pick the team to make finals” every week. Miss the finals.

Easiest draw. Oldest list. 1 debut in 21 games.

2017 would be one of the all time great wasted years.

39 Likes

Yeah I reckon it was 7 to zip in the last two minutes, that’s the ball game right there. The last two in the third were just unforgivable.

From the opening minutes of the game they just ran away from our midfield without breaking a sweat. Zerret is our best defensive midfielder (and our best attacking midfielder), how bird was not brought in in his absence is just beyond me.

Myers shows up at stoppages and that I’d about it. He is never in the frame defensively, ditto Jobe, hepp, bj and to a lesser extent Howlett. Until we get serious about turning this group over we are going nowhere.

The reality is we probably need to go backwards a little bit before we go forward.

Lav looked a bit better playing higher up the ground, stick him on wing.

4 Likes

Yeah, his best half of footy for a good month.

Gee we run out of legs when we play our style of footy. boys could barely chase late in quarters.

Is our fitness a worry?

Thought McG was outstanding and good to see Hooker back it up.

Agree. His 2nd half was good. A few little flashes of the old jobe. Great to see him get a goal as well

1 Like

To be fair, I think there’s a pretty recent contender.

1 Like

Mcg did a amazing job on betts, especially considering the amount of ball that was coming down

1 Like

Yes, we did. BUT, if we didn’t keep gifting games to 4 or 5 incompetent tortoise-slow plodders in the midfield, if we hadn’t lost the best two of our midfielders for this match and if for once we had a fair go from the umpires (Heppell is the only Essendon man they like) we would have made a contest of it.

It also worries me that when Walla got ironed out, no one flew the flag for him.

On the plus side, Hurley had something like 34 possessions and organised our defence as well as possible in the circumstances. It wasn’t his fault Dea was preferred to Hartley.

McGrath was brilliant. Eddie Betts was well and truly bet.

Gleeson and McKenna turned in a great day’s work, both of them.

Joe D and Stewart played their parts well, and Mr Hooker in the second half.

The small forwards were useless.

While we have a slow, unaccountable midfield, we’ll never be flag contenders. Two matches to go, but it doesn’t really matter if we lose them. Time to drop a few bludgers and try some new talent.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone from the VFL would have offered any more than the guys out there tonight honestly. But that’s irrelevant. The fact is they would have had the chance to offer more next season with a few games under their belt.

If the goal of this season was to give Zerret, Raz, Parish, Joey and McG a taste of finals action then yaaayyyy success but it really feels like we’re gimping ourselves.

1 Like

Like?

We need about 4 more decent mids I reckon.

and the umps gave me the absolute ■■■■■.

4 Likes

I’m not saying those changes would be the difference. But Mutch and BBB would have offered more.

And a taste of finals now looks less likely than another boring September, so as Rolo said above, it’s a waste.

1. Gleeson punches ball into the arms of the crows player in the goal square, called a mark and crows kick fist goal of the match.
15 Likes

it also only travelled 6 metres at most.

6 Likes

You know what sh*ts me? Worsfold said at the start of the year the older guys are given first crack but “if we feel like a younger player can play the same kind of role but offer the same, or more, we will go with that”

That’s not a exact quote but that’s what he said. You know what I’m talking about

So WHY, at this later stage of the year do we give games to colyer, howlett and Myers who offer FUCKEN NOTHING. Ask yourself this. Would you rather them three blokes playing, or begley, mutch and bird? I watched the VFL today. Them three guys offer more than Myers, howlett and colyer. Hell, you don’t have to do much to offer more than them blokes. They are absolute plodders who literally produce the same inept garbage week in week out. Put a line through all three and fkn move on. I’m sick of this sh*t

15 Likes

lol yes that too. For fark sake.

How the ■■■■ does anyone blame the defenders when we had 60 i50s vs the best forward line in the league

1 Like