Essendon vs Adelaide - Review

Hurley is the main one with a lot of currency. I reckon gws would take him and something else thrown in for Kelly.

2 Likes

yes it is, but they donā€™t believe those younger players can and they are in a better position then us to judge then us. Also the unique circumstances we where put in by corrupt bunch of Aholes means we have a team has hardly played any footy together.

With the complexityā€™s of game plans these days it was of vital importance that we stick with a settled side so they could gain continuity in learning how to play the game.

Could have it gone wore if we played da kids. Of course it could have.

96 points on turnovers, over 60 inside 50s.

Our midfield doesnā€™t spread, or work and is slow.

This needs to be addressed this draft or trading period.

Mutch is an inside extra extractor as is Clarke. We need more than that.

6 Likes

Would the predictable loss in the midfield have been less annoying if we played some kids. Of course it would have.

Iā€™d trade anyone on our list bar Daniher or Merrett for a good midfielder. Anyone

1 Like
  1. Tippa gets tackled after tapping the ball on and not taking possession, no free kick versus tippa steals the ball mid howlett tackle and its called holding the man.

WTF!!

4 Likes

No probably about it.

This team will not get anywhere near a flag unless we have some significant list management wins in the next couple of years.

1 Like

Madness.

3 Likes

The worst part is, they arenā€™t really developing anyone in the vfl midfield bar langford. Most weeks the starting mids are choking, o brien, howlett when heā€™s down there.
Thatā€™s the more worrying part.

1 Like

Nothing like the hard hitting questions in the coachā€™s presser. Should Hooker be giving the double fist pump when he kicks a goal? Was Joe disrespectful with his celebration? Should Howlettā€™s rackle go to the MRP?
Sheesh

2 Likes

Really?? There was a hypothetical on Facebook the other day (think the AFL banter page) - would you swap Tippa and Fantasia to get Dusty Martin?!

Mine is a big fat no, but Iā€™m guessing you may consider it??

2 Likes

That was the nail in the coffin for me. Could not be bothered yelling at the umpires after that one. What a joke.

3 Likes

Tippa is owed four holding the man frees and one goal

Never seen a player more cheatingly held out of a game in my life

4 Likes

same fucken pathetic garbage year in year out

Iā€™m fucken done with football, and giving all my Passion, energy and life into a team who gives me nothing back. I have never been more angry about the footy than I am right now. Sick of being average. Sick of being just a fkn middle of the road side. Sick of not winning a final since two thousand and fucken four. Sick of the club having a midfield problem since 2003. Sick of us choosing the same rejects who we all know are not up to it. Just sick of it all. Just another year of missing the finals when we had the easiest draw and one of the oldest lists. Classic

Iā€™m done. Iā€™m not posting anymore. This club has defeated my mental state

22 Likes

Blame the umpires post 1-90 of the thread

2 Likes

I feel like I am watching the Knights era againā€¦ literally. The weirdest sense of deja vu watching the game tonight. and reading the comments. I was in early on the ā€˜knights sucksā€™ bandwagon and Iā€™ve set up shop for the woosha is crap cart too. I realise that some will defend him foreverā€¦ and we will have more converts as the games go on but very rarely does a coach recover from a wasted season such as this.

I love this club but 15+ years of mediocrity have slowly accumulated and like the frog in water, we are allowing ourselves to be boiled alive, simply because it has been death by a thousand cuts.

Watching Adelaide tonight showed just how far away we are. Our midfield is old, slow and simply canā€™t cut it at the elite level. The bigger problem is that we have done NOTHING to address this all season. We havenā€™t tried ANY new blokes and have one of the oldest lists in the league on game day. Simply not good enough.

Iā€™m not upset by McGrath turning it over a couple of times, nor McKennaā€¦ I thought overall both of them had great games and they were trying to play attacking footy. Mistakes are not always bad football.

Selecting the same tried and tested blokes like Colyer, Myers and Howlett despite knowing they are cooked and offer literally nothingā€¦ that is always bad football and bad coaching.

Going to be a really tough road to finals, and Iā€™m not sure that another humiliating first week finals loss really does help with ā€˜developmentā€™. This season has sucked just as hard as the last three. So deflating.

Loved McGraths gameā€¦ simply awesome! Also loved seeing Jobe kick that goalā€¦ what a moment to remember.

5 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure you can hope weā€™d beat the number one side, not sure you can expect it.

I agree that we have a few passengers and that a few kids could step in but also disagree that theyā€™re not being developed in the twos. Did a few other players who are playing now wonders and theyā€™ve taken their chances when they got them.

Two games to go and Iā€™m going to see the year through with the side.

1 Like

Would we be a position to play finials. Unlikely, you play best available simple as that. If the kids have not done enough to earn a game they can continue to develop in the VFL.

1 Like

For good reason

Laters!

1 Like