Essendon vs Footscray official match day thread

Seven players warming up as defenders (including Winders and Hurley). So no clues yet.

Arguably, no clue with Joe out, one ruck, and a forward the sub.

I appreciate Goddard may play forward but against Footscray we need some big bodies for the contests up the field.

Aside from Ryder not getting much of a chop out. Having Goddard playing fwd as our extra marking target is actually an upgrade on JD anyway.
Hope JD's shoulder isn't too serious and they just keeping him out as a precaution. Couple of weeks off with the bye included will do him good.

Hadn't thought much about the implications of ruck duties. I expect that Carlisle will be asked to relieve Paddy for a few minutes a quarter.

Wow - DJR is the everywhere man ! Reporting from Western Oval then starts the Game Day Thread.

With a belly full of CHIPS. mmmmm

what's the problem with JD - any news on how serious - will he just be missing this one?

That is correct, I did not regurgitate them. Even if they were a tad undercooked.

Dogs to get roasted, though.

Last week I was really confident but this week for some reason I'm ■■■■■■■■ myself! The plus from this is that I chain drink when I'm nervous! 

Yeah - reckon it will be Carlisle as back up, and possibly even HUrley and Hooker as short-term relief in the D50 if needed. Ryder will need a spell and Minson is more than handy at winning HO's, so I hope our guys can shark it. Minson did really well in the ruck vs us earlier this year.

If JD is to miss the next 3 weeks - these are the 3 to miss I think - this game (wk1), the bye (wk2) and then the game at the SCG (wk3) which in all honesty, most visiting teams struggle with tall forward lines. The Swans can make it work with Franklin and Tippett because they train on that camping plot of a sized ground. Freshen him up for the last 4 H&A games.

I will be genuinely surprised if we win this.
Factors: they are due to beat us, we've been talked up all week and we don't usually respond well when the pressure is on us.

Full-on Bollywood number here, >100 performers.

Is the JD injury serious or just resting him?

Those dancers cheer louder than our cheersquad.

P.S. Dempsey 100 games

Us by 57

15 minutes to go, top deck city side is full (general admission), otherwise sparse.

15 minutes to go, top deck city side is full (general admission), otherwise sparse.

What are the chips like?

I fear it’s going to be a long afternoon/evening listening to the commentators going on and on how good the bulldogs are.

GO BOMBERS!!!

What are the chips like?
I'm not brave or rich enough to find out.

Come on Dons. Fire up and win. 

We need the smart Essendon to turn up today. It's such an important game for us. 

What are the chips like?
I'm not brave or rich enough to find out.

ha - v.good point

Just bought my first bucket of chips St the footy for atleast 10 years.

VFL thread planted the seed.