Essington unsurprisingly underperforming against a bottom 4 side (Freo Review Thread)

Harsh critics.

Sydney couldn’t win a game without their best defender.

We will be a 5-6 goal better side in two weeks at least.

1 Like

Hooker would be handy

1 Like

Enjoy it mate. It’s a fantastic milestone for the club given our recent context. Hard to believe any Essendon supporter could be feeling anything less than immense pride and satisfaction. A few hours spared of the Blitz ‘mediocre orchestra’ would probably be too much to ask I suppose.

7 Likes

Dispute this point. The team were made to work hard for the win, all match. Led all day, challenged in the last and answered every question asked of them.

11 Likes

Out: Hartley, Hocking, Laverde
In: Raz, Hurley, hooker

5 Likes

and Bird

3 Likes

Exactly like this I reckon.

1 Like

Just left the ground. I have aged 10 years after that one. But who cares WE ARE IN THE FINALS!!! GO DONS :blush:

10 Likes

Would rather not be the worst team in the 8 (again) but hey finals that’s fun.

2 Likes

Was messy but I don’t give a ■■■■. We are playing finals. Well done boys!!

We’re obviously going into the finals as underdogs. But with the addition of Hurley, Hooker and possibly Fantasia, I don’t think we’ll be walkovers.

Merrett was amazing this game. Stewart had his best game too. Kind of surprised Joey didn’t stand up in the big moments. The break will do him good. Tippa too.

3 Likes

After the game
It’s time for reflection
Reports flow in
From every direction
The mood is up
As we’re in the finals
And to wrap up well
We’re in the finals!!!

(Good on ya, boys. Ya did it. From last to finals. Good effort.) )

3 Likes

Break comes at a good time. reckon we’ve regressed badly over last 4-5 weeks, and with a weeks break opportunity to reset. Need to get that bold kicking, running game back, have tended to go around the centre square rather than through it, and have to find some defensive pressure through the midfield.

Good news is we’re in the finals and have another chance, and the inclusion of Hurley, Hooker and Fanta will add a lot. Be happy. We’re there.

1 Like

JD didn’t look to happy after the game.
September should be good for him.

1 Like

First to 100 prevails

1 Like

Pretty much. I’m happy we made finals, but it means nothing if we don’t win one

I really wanted to see us go into finals on the back of a good performance, not limp in

Will I take the win hell yes. Do I expect a hell of a lot more come week 1- damn straight I do

For me making finals was the bare minimum for this season. Winning a final is the pass mark.

3 Likes

Let’s be honest, today was a shitfest we all expected but we’re all happy we didn’t go full Essington and completley blow it. So based on previous experiences, you’re either happy that we made finals and how far we’ve come or disapointed that we barely squeaked past a mediocre side with finals on the line.

We have a LOT of players under-performing and Zerrett badly needs some quality midfield help. I’m hoping we get Faz back.

6 Likes

I agree. A bunch of them tried their guts out to get us into the finals. Jobe, Hepp, Tommy Bell, Zerrett, Gleeson, Bags, Hocking, Stewert to name a few.

We have to be thankful that they dug deep when challenged and got the win.

They did it for us and both they and we deserve the reward of making finals.

We get players back now. Cant wait.

5 Likes

Disappointing thats the best we offer with finals on the line. Essington. Sigh. Do we continue our great ef form?

If it wasn’t for tbell, Zac and Stewart we lose that game. We can’t go into a final with that same midfield.

I’m glad we made finals.
If we lose, then that’s no good. But I hope Essington doesn’t show up at all. It could get very messy very quickly.

As long as we give it our all and our younger guys like Zerrett, Parish, Tippa, Stewart, etc get to realise what is required to play in finals, then it’ll be worth it.

1 Like