Etihad Home ground advantage

All games being all-reserved-seating doesn't help. Discourages spontaneous attendance.

2000 was the only year a team based at Docklands has won a flag.

Coincidence?

In the 13 years since the flag has been won by sides with big home ground advantages 10 times. By sides with a small home ground advantage for games played in Tasmania twice, and by Collingwood (who bring enough supporters anywhere ) once.

Coincidence?

Possibly, but I’m drawing the conclusion that playing in front of theatre goers at Docklands is a massive handicap to overcome before you can win a flag.

2000 was the only year a team based at Docklands has won a flag.
Coincidence?
In the 13 years since the flag has been won by sides with big home ground advantages 10 times. By sides with a small home ground advantage for games played in Tasmania twice, and by Collingwood (who bring enough supporters anywhere ) once.
Coincidence?
Possibly, but I'm drawing the conclusion that playing in front of theatre goers at Docklands is a massive handicap to overcome before you can win a flag.

Not to mention the hard surface may play a factor in stress-related injuries...

P.S. The original post is rubbish. When Docklands goes off it is great.

If you stand in the grog squad

■■■■■ crowd a minute before the bounce.

■■■■■ crowd a minute before the bounce.

Cause the ticketing system is ■■■■■■■ ridiculous. Game been going 10 minutes and these at least 5,000 people still lining up for tickets. Can't swipe in with ya barcode. ■■■■■■■■

For a family it's better , indoors , child friendly
For the location it's not great , nothing around to draw people to it. Packed in right around apartments and other bs
For atmosphere it's great , think the acoustic noise is great , though when it's noisy it's insane and what we need , but when it's quiet I can yell across the ground and you'd hear me. Also drives me mad that opposition fans can be heard quite loud and clear. I remember last years GWS game their 20 fans were going off their chops and sounded like an army.
It's not the mcg nor is it meant to be , nothing in this country is as good , but it's a great venue. I'd probably go to less games if the G was our home ground. I don't want to watch us vs GWS or GC or bulldogs there .. Especially in a cold winter like night Melbourne gives

Air raid siren is lame. Need some explosions or maybe even sounds of planes.

I'd rather be at the G on a cold, wet night in winter.

I've been to some fantastic games at etihad, although they were a few years ago now.

This is one of my favourites

http://youtu.be/ETZt9W4zqY4