Etihad Roof - open or shut?

Firstly, apologies if this has already been covered in another thread.

With a bright, sunny day being forecast here in Melbourne, I just wanted to know people's views on whether the roof at Etihad Stadium should be open on days like today or left closed.

I think it should be closed at all times except maybe on overcast days where there is no rain forecast. It's difficult for the players, broadcasters and probably most fans, depending on where they sit (I'm on the top deck on the Southern Cross Station flank).

After a recent game where the roof was left open there seemed to be a fair amount of backlash from various parties, so hopefully common sense prevails this afternoon.

Half and half for mine

Half and half for mine

maybe they can rig the roof to slowly follow the path of the sun?

Pies are only $1 too.

Thanks to Hil

So now it will only cost about $300 to take the family

What's the story with parking today, will it still be $5 at harbourtown or does the early start stuff that up?

Lloydy and Sasquatch had a discussion about this on Footy Crass-ified. the way that the stadiums built, one end blinds the players with the sun when going for the ball. thats why they shut the roof. it was a massive blue by the architects who didnt factor it in.

Open for those at the ground, closed for those watching on television.

The roof will be open today.

Are you the guy in charge of the roof?

Closed at all times please.

Should have sprinklers going the whole game so we can watch some fumbles.

Don't see the big deal of it being open on a sunny day. Just an excuse to blame the sun for poor performances. 

The ground was just built in the wrong direction. Seems wasteful to have roof closed when it's perfect weather outside. Anything other than today then I'd say close it. 

Lloydy and Sasquatch had a discussion about this on Footy Crass-ified. the way that the stadiums built, one end blinds the players with the sun when going for the ball. thats why they shut the roof. it was a massive blue by the architects who didnt factor it in.

It also effects the fans who have to sit on the city side of the ground.  The glare is so bad you can not see any of the game at the northern end and the big screen is impossible to view.  

Should be shut. Always.

Leave the sun out for the Suns.

Damn.
I was going to say "let‘s blot out the sun(s)".

Damn.
I was going to say "let‘s blot out the sun(s)".

article-1300967207614-0b51086100000578-3

The stadium was built in the wrong place.

Apparently it had to runs north south due to building restrictions in it's positioning.

What a joke.

Shut the frigging roof, it's impossible to see the game properly due to the sun glare. 

Lid off today, it’s a sign from AFL HQ.

The stadium was built in the wrong place.

Apparently it had to runs north south due to building restrictions in it's positioning.

What a joke.

Shut the frigging roof, it's impossible to see the game properly due to the sun glare. 

IIRC, J Hird was a consultant...

...Take it easy, I can leave without assistance.