Etihad Roof - open or shut?

There is something very wrong with sitting in the sunshine at the footy.
The roof should always be closed and for some games there should be water sprayed down from the roof to emulate rain onto players and crowd.
At these games no supporters will be able to sit, we can take in Eskies of beer, and mandatory to smoke at least half a pack of Marlborough.
This could be the new Heritage round, and players are also allowed to hit each other behind play without penalty.

This part is already taken care of when the roof is closed due to the hoards of health freaks congregating on the concourse for a quick one during breaks.

I dunno, there is a 'yellow line' that you can't smoke in front of. Based on the reactions of the security guards, I've always thought the yellow line must be some sort of anti smoke forcefield. Because heaven help you if one foot is over the line.

Residents complained about noise.

Is that legit?

Nah taking the ■■■■ of F1 haters.

Residents complained about noise.

I used to live across the road and couldn't hear a thing

- megz

Roof closed, we win by 60+ points, roof opened, we lose by 8 points

Though we did beat the Eagles by 60+ points with the roof open.

Fair thread bump

1 Like

I have a very short memory. I was at the Brisbane game.

Roof will be open, and we will freeze our ■■■■ off.

All about money, nothing to do with footy.

Just dress for Casey (or, currently, Muckleford) conditions.

4 Likes

Yehhhhhhhh !

Fantastic!!!

Don’t have to wear my sunnies now, nor do the players, so no excuses for them if we lose today to a bottom four team.

The roof open issue is nothing more than the AFL being contrarian ■■■■■■, as they seem to do for no reason other than proving they can do what they want, when they want, and there isn’t a damn thing you can do about it.

Love it when it’s open. Hate going to the footy in the afternoon and feeling like im sitting inside. Id have it open all the time if it was up to me. Sitting there with a warm winter sun is glorious.

2 Likes

Yes the sun feels nice but if you can’t see anything what’s the point of being at the footy. Might as well sit in a park and listen to it

Yes, without a radio.

Hats are a thing guys, just FYI

Only tinfoil touched my head.