Everyone else's latest

India

Seriously?

Yep.

This phone makes me wonder how Samsung / Sony et al plan to compete in the Android long term beyond this year. What compelling reasons do they have to buy their phones when basically the same internals and software can be purchased for 1/3rd the price?

Also the more I think about it, there was a time when I could have easily switched to Android for a phone. I use Spotify for music, Google Apps for email, Dropbox for files. But thereā€™s a few core-level things on iOS now I canā€™t do without ā€“ iMessage, Photo Sharing, FaceTime Audio. Would make switching more difficult/annoying.

I have something on my pc that tells me I can upgrade free to Windows 10. I have 7 at the moment and I hate Windows 8. It is on Mrs MBā€™s laptop and I cannot stand using 8. Anyone know much about it?

ā€œItā€™s free.* Itā€™s easy. No worries. But donā€™t miss outā€”reserve your upgrade today.ā€

Any helpful advice is appreciated. I hope I have put this in the right place Mods.

All my pcā€™s lit up with same thing yesterday

Havenā€™t seen it yet

youā€™ll have like a year to decide from july 29th

Yeah the Windows thing is free for W7 and 8 users. Not sure if Iā€™m gonna do it, but Iā€™ll probably get sucked in.

Lollipop pushed to S5

Lollipop pushed to S5

Same for z2. About a week or so ago. Phone seems to be more stable. Previously I was getting freeze/reboots every 4/5 days. I think it was partly due to my Go Launcher.

Donā€™t like the new power mgt screen on z2 though. Gone from basic time since last charge given in days/hours/min to a graph showing power usage over time that doesnā€™t actually list that start time of last full charge.

Other than that I like it.

Lollipop pushed to S5

Same for z2. About a week or so ago. Phone seems to be more stable. Previously I was getting freeze/reboots every 4/5 days. I think it was partly due to my Go Launcher.
Donā€™t like the new power mgt screen on z2 though. Gone from basic time since last charge given in days/hours/min to a graph showing power usage over time that doesnā€™t actually list that start time of last full charge.

Go launcher is just crap. Very badly written. Best thing I ever did on my S4 was ditch that. Battery life went through the roof once I removed that thing. Touchwiz was preferable.

Lollipop pushed to S5

Go launcher is just crap. Very badly written. Best thing I ever did on my S4 was ditch that. Battery life went through the roof once I removed that thing. Touchwiz was preferable.

Hehe. Iā€™ve used Touchwiz on my wifeā€™s S4. God thatā€™s an awful interface. Go Launcher isnā€™t the best but it ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  all over it. Sony native one is good too, very user friendly, but is hard to make look pretty

MIUI is very nice.

Yep.

This phone makes me wonder how Samsung / Sony et al plan to compete in the Android long term beyond this year. What compelling reasons do they have to buy their phones when basically the same internals and software can be purchased for 1/3rd the price?

Also the more I think about it, there was a time when I could have easily switched to Android for a phone. I use Spotify for music, Google Apps for email, Dropbox for files. But thereā€™s a few core-level things on iOS now I canā€™t do without ā€“ iMessage, Photo Sharing, FaceTime Audio. Would make switching more difficult/annoying.

I just bought a second hand HTC one M7 for a relatie that wanted a good phone, Second hand from some joint in melbourne, phone shop. Really good condition. Thats the go for a burner I reckon. High quality phone for $280 unlocked good or better kit than any iphone for sure

Getting X-Ray done tomorrow to see if I need a knee arthroscopy.

Getting X-Ray done tomorrow to see if I need a knee arthroscopy.

Hope itā€™s good news.

oneplus 2 getting some exciting features announced.

That cheap Mi phone I bought is on special here for $160. Again, what do other Android handset makers even bother?

Xiaomi arenā€™t making much money on those phones though. The plan is to be a software company using miui as the basis of an ecosystem of devices. The phones are their foot in the door.

Xiaomi aren't making much money on those phones though. The plan is to be a software company using miui as the basis of an ecosystem of devices. The phones are their foot in the door.

Precisely.

How the hell do you compete with that?