Everyone else's latest

Surface book looks pretty seriously good

Surface book looks pretty seriously good

Want so baad

Very happy with my HP elitebook folio, light fast, great battery. But probook is pushing my buttons big time. My current PC better not ā– ā– ā– ā–  me, or its over

Upgraded from Z1 to Z5. Nice :slight_smile:

Canā€™t download Apple Music for Android to my Mi Note. The Android Experience!

So much the same as iTunes on Windows thenā€¦

Should I ask why you would want to?
The Android music player (when I was on Android) wasnā€™t laggy at all, Apple Music is amazingly slow now.

Apple streaming?

Just got the new Apple TV yesterday. Will install it when I get home tomorrow night.

So much the same as iTunes on Windows then...

Should I ask why you would want to?
The Android music player (when I was on Android) wasnā€™t laggy at all, Apple Music is amazingly slow now.

Very curious is all.

My suspicion is Apple donā€™t really want to make good software for rival platforms.

I got a surface book today. Iā€™m using it right now. Iā€™ve never owned a tablet and my current laptop is more than 5 years old so itā€™s really nice to have something new that is kind of both. I was aware of and ok with most of the drawbacks so for me itā€™s been pretty great so far. Slightly heavier than I was expecting but I donā€™t need something super mobile so that is ok.

I got a surface book today. I'm using it right now. I've never owned a tablet and my current laptop is more than 5 years old so it's really nice to have something new that is kind of both. I was aware of and ok with most of the drawbacks so for me it's been pretty great so far. Slightly heavier than I was expecting but I don't need something super mobile so that is ok.

what model did you get?

Issue for me a 256Gb i5 version is nearly $3k

Can get a Dell XPS 13 for $1k less, true itā€™s not a tablet, but at $1000 less for i7 version and the fact my Sony 10ā€™ tablet is a great piece of kit having trouble justifying the cost.

then get the dell, its a cool be of early adopter type check not for everyone. People at uni were doing more than fine with the surface pros, surface rtm and even lenovo? yoga.

I got the base model. I had no need for that extra hard drive space or the dGPU, I was basically choosing between the base model SB or a mid range SP4 and decided I would rather a laptop that is kind of a tablet than a tablet that is kind of a laptop. Itā€™s nice to have the flexibility of detaching and watching a movie in bed but most of the time Iā€™ll be using it in laptop mode.

Touch wood I havenā€™t had any of the hardware / firmware issues that a lot of early adopters have had. No crashes as yet. First thing I did was get all the firmware and windows 10 updates so maybe MS have resolved most of the issues already.

Edit: Had a couple of crashes last night right after posting this. Guess I deserved that.

I got a surface book today. I'm using it right now. I've never owned a tablet and my current laptop is more than 5 years old so it's really nice to have something new that is kind of both. I was aware of and ok with most of the drawbacks so for me it's been pretty great so far. Slightly heavier than I was expecting but I don't need something super mobile so that is ok.

what model did you get?

Can get a Dell XPS 13 for $1k less, true itā€™s not a tablet, but at $1000 less for i7 version and the fact my Sony 10ā€™ tablet is a great piece of kit having trouble justifying the cost.

I got HP elitebook folio around a year ago. 256 gig i5 super light, super good battery, backlit keyboard, actually its supposed to be spillproof keyboard and they say it is built on military specs, whatever the hell that means, about the size, (slightly bigger) macbook air and I EFFING LOVE IT

SSD, with windows 10 now and it still rocks, Price around $1900 when I got it

what model did you get?

I got HP elitebook folio around a year ago. 256 gig i5 super light, super good battery, backlit keyboard, actually its supposed to be spillproof keyboard and they say it is built on military specs, whatever the hell that means, about the size, (slightly bigger) macbook air and I EFFING LOVE IT

IS that the folio 1020 or 1040?

what model did you get?

1040, I love it

my keyboard died, so went back to the old one, a filco 10keyless cherry browns, god damn i missed this keyboard.

what model did you get?

1040, I love it

Bit the bullet yesterday and bought a new laptop before l flew out of Sumatra. Its an HP and l canā€™t even recall the model or any of the details right now, as l have travelled for most of the last 2 days and getting tired. l had to leave it at work to get Windows 8 or 10 installed. My Mac is hanging in there, but l canā€™t keep dragging it around and hoping it will work. Right now it will word process for 5 or 6 hours straight but it doesnā€™t like to show graphics and goes to sleep after half an hour of You Tube, when it gets too hot. More details on Friday, but l got if for about $600 US, which is not too shabby.

Iā€™m on the NBN. Let me feel your hatred!