Everyone else's latest

New Andoid 6, first broke my phone them after factory reset, its pretty good. Battery life more than doubled straight up when using regular power saver. Very slick feel to this version too. Not sure about the google button link on every app.Seems to me that is more a case of putting it there to see what developers can do with it

Just picked up my Xperia Z5. Looking forward to playing with it.

Love mine!

Any good cases around for them?

The original Sony one seems to be the best. Quite costly though.

Love mine!

First impression of mine is excellent.
Very happy.

hows the fingerprint power button go? looks like a great innovation.

You can save 5 unique fingerprints and I had to redo them all about 3 times until I got used to how I pick up the phone and how I use it. So in the end I went with lh index, middle, rh thumb, index, middle. Depending how you pick up your phone and off what surface (like off a table is different to from your pocket). Works really well but the button should’ve been slightly easier to press.

Think I asked this a year ago but … are there any cheap good TV recorders yet?

Microsoft getting swiftkey for 250m

This is, I think, is best phone I have ever owned.
Lovely piece of kit.

Think I asked this a year ago but ... are there any cheap good TV recorders yet?

we were given aThomson tv recorder for christmas 13 and it was rubbish, it worked ok but the functionality was terrible, In comparison to recording tv on Austar/Fox. its just a dust collector now we don’t even bother using it, as have Netflix now. Hopefully the tech has improved since then, had we purchased it ourselves would have probably got a better brand.

why oh why do the manufacturers have to put their owns skins on android. Similarly why do the telcos have to load them up with rubbish. My unadulterated nexus 5 has ticked along for years without skipping a beat despite now being on to its 3rd OS. Conversely mrs ivan has gone through a samsung note and a htc m8 in recent time both of which have required semi regular factory resets to keep them running smoothly. i don’t get it.

for this reason alone i will never buy anything other than a nexus.

why oh why do the manufacturers have to put their owns skins on android. Similarly why do the telcos have to load them up with rubbish. My unadulterated nexus 5 has ticked along for years without skipping a beat despite now being on to its 3rd OS. Conversely mrs ivan has gone through a samsung note and a htc m8 in recent time both of which have required semi regular factory resets to keep them running smoothly. i don't get it.

Because they don’t make enough money on the hardware so they take money for the pre-installed bloatware.

Same reason an PC laptop comes covered in stickers and a Mac with the same hardware doesn’t.

I ordered a mechanical keyboard. Anyone else use them?

why oh why do the manufacturers have to put their owns skins on android. Similarly why do the telcos have to load them up with rubbish. My unadulterated nexus 5 has ticked along for years without skipping a beat despite now being on to its 3rd OS. Conversely mrs ivan has gone through a samsung note and a htc m8 in recent time both of which have required semi regular factory resets to keep them running smoothly. i don't get it.

Must be down to the individual.
I’ve had 3 Samsung Galaxies and never done a factory reset.
Had a Nexus 5 and thought it was garbage.
Now have a Sony Xperia z5 and find it absolutely superb.

Yep. Great for games. Reasonable for typing.

Because they don’t make enough money on the hardware so they take money for the pre-installed bloatware.

Same reason an PC laptop comes covered in stickers and a Mac with the same hardware doesn’t.

Do iphones from Telstra have all that crap as well?

Yep. Great for games. Reasonable for typing.

depends on the switches, also o-rings are a godsend.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-blackwidow-2013

MX Cherry blue. Noisy as.

Is that like a typewriter?

Is the noise annoying for you? I ordered a Das Keyboard 4C with Blue

Yes.

Yes.

I find it annoying, and went for cherry browns. Also rocking a filco majestouch tenkeyless because who needs numpads. If you findyourself bottoming out a lot on key presses, buy o-rings. game changer.

Yes.

I find it annoying, and went for cherry browns. Also rocking a filco majestouch tenkeyless because who needs numpads. If you findyourself bottoming out a lot on key presses, buy o-rings. game changer.

Doesn’t annoy me but be aware it may bother others around.

Do iphones from Telstra have all that crap as well?

Nothing at all. If you want say Telstra 24x7, you have to download it like anything.

You get iOS9.x, unvarnished