Everyone else's latest

Because iPhones are so popular apple dictates to telecoms do this or lose money. Telecoms don’t want to lose customers and therefore money by taking on Apple.

I bought my s6 unlocked straight out and now prepay. The only apps on it are the ones I want to put there. Works like a dream and much cheaper than my old business plan.

Because iPhones are so popular apple dictates to telecoms do this or lose money. Telecoms don't want to lose customers and therefore money by taking on Apple.

Or maybe it’s because Android lets telcos do it, and iOS doesn’t.

Because iPhones are so popular apple dictates to telecoms do this or lose money. Telecoms don't want to lose customers and therefore money by taking on Apple.

its not a dig ol’ mate noons. I got an android and always install custom roms so bypass all that, even so voda didn’t really do anything like that. samsung on the other hand had so much useless ■■■■.

How annoying is it that the Nexus 5X doesn’t have 64GB option… my music is about 14 GB by itself.

its not a dig ol’ mate noons. I got an android and always install custom roms so bypass all that, even so voda didn’t really do anything like that. samsung on the other hand had so much useless ■■■■.

I had an HTC TyTN II back in '08-09 from 3…and it was chocka with crap…pre-Android, can’t remember what its OS was…then after it died and I realised how utterly crap the OS was compared with iOS, I got an iPhone 3G (?, 3S?) from 3, and it had zero pre-installed on it.

Never bothered jailbreaking any of my 4 iPhones I’ve had since.

Android manufacturers want the money, Apple doesn’t. Simple as that.

That s7 edge looks pretty unreal, might see me switching back if this headphone jack rumour is true

That s7 edge looks pretty unreal, might see me switching back if this headphone jack rumour is true

don’t get the edge. gimmick wears off pretty quick.

I’ve been using waze thr last few days as navigation and general driving app. It’s pretty cool to get told to Change the route and avoid anything that will slow you down. Also the navigation voice can actually pronounce suburbs.

Android manufacturers want the money, Apple doesn’t. Simple as that.

Yes they do, but it’s a false economy on their part. They can’t be getting much for it, it makes the experience just that annoying little bit worse. Luckily no-one in the phone space would ever copy each other or they’d see what Apple did very, very right (even if it’s a lot more fragmented now) was the clean OS across the board.

No idea why Noons is getting ■■■■■■ at people saying the exact same thing. Or, for that matter, still going on about the first-gen smartphone he had 10 years ago that pre-dates Android.

I had mates who went with some of those first-gen smartphones. They were all ■■■■, across the board. Probably windows CE?? for the OS but there were Unix based ones as well. Blackberries were the only even half-decent smartphone option, before iPhones and then Android.

My Internode Modem died. (NBN)
Internode technician said I needed a modem with WAN Port and a PPP Connection
cant any IT experts let me know if the Netgear Nigh hawk would do the trick.
we have netlix and watch a few movies / stream footy etc from phone so think need a fast WIFI modem.

Got company to replace my laptop.

Dell XPS 13 - Skylake edition

Phwoar wow. 3220 x 1800 touch screen, core i7, 256 SSD.

an no it’s not ‘covered in stickers’, has one sticker, Intel. Only bloatware was Del Support and McAfee trial… both gone now.

My Internode Modem died. (NBN) Internode technician said I needed a modem with WAN Port and a PPP Connection cant any IT experts let me know if the Netgear Nigh hawk would do the trick. we have netlix and watch a few movies / stream footy etc from phone so think need a fast WIFI modem.

It ‘should’ do the trick.

Faster WIFI will also depend if your devices have the faster equipment. E.g. I don’t think the iphone has the 5ghz ac support.

I haven’t had much luck with Netgear though over the years but that’s just my experience.

Oh, it’s also a pretty old router. Oct 2013?

My Internode Modem died. (NBN) Internode technician said I needed a modem with WAN Port and a PPP Connection cant any IT experts let me know if the Netgear Nigh hawk would do the trick. we have netlix and watch a few movies / stream footy etc from phone so think need a fast WIFI modem.

It ‘should’ do the trick.

Faster WIFI will also depend if your devices have the faster equipment. E.g. I don’t think the iphone has the 5ghz ac support.

I haven’t had much luck with Netgear though over the years but that’s just my experience.

Oh, it’s also a pretty old router. Oct 2013?

Yeah, agreed. If you are just after a wifi modem, without ADSL capability, then this is a good pick, even if it is a couple of years old. Still appears on the various best of lists. Price is better than ebay as well. I have played with a number of different brands and find that Netgear is ok. User interface is not too flash and you will have to use both web and smartphone app to manage and set up properly.

It has the WAN port that you would need to connect your NBN. (lucky bastard…) Plus four other LAN ports and two USB ports ( 1 x USB 2.0 and 1 x USB 3.0). You could connect a printer to it, or some storage and share it easily over the home network.

It is a funky and chunky looking one
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81eJtdiuKyL.SX466.jpg

Although not as cool as its bigger brother

It looks like one of those face huggers and I can imagine it flipping over and scuttling off.

$100 off nexus 5x at the moment on the play store. Anyone got one? thoughts?

i’m still very much beholden to my original n5, still kicking ■■■■.

those look like the spiders from lost in space.

Just got marshmallow on my s6 edge. The new Web browser is so much quicker than chrome and had ad block support

an no it’s not ‘covered in stickers’, has one sticker, Intel. Only bloatware was Del Support and McAfee trial… both gone now.

What do they retail for?

What do they retail for?

mine was $2149 for laptop , also got upgrade to Win 10 Pro and a USB 3 adapter - which gives it additional hdmi/vga/lan/usb ports. Already has SD card reader, 2 x usb3.0 and thunderbolt 3 ports so not really needed.

MS flogging them slightly cheaper . Can’t see that helping their Surface Book sales.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msaus/en_AU/list/categoryID.71081700?icid=Offers_ModD_r16_Dell_Save350_17032016