Everyone else's latest

Does it have memory card upgrade/removable battery?

No and no I believe. Can’t justify spending 1000 to upgrade my near 5 year old n5 which I bought for 400 and still does everything as quick as I need it too.

Hardly any phones do now.

Besides youd want to stay in the midrange market for new phones generally.

Expandable memory not really that necessary on pixel as it comes with unlimited Google cloud storage anyway. In love this phone. It’s so fast and the camera is great.

My Mrs just got the Pixel 2. Great phone.

Which one do you have?
Is ‘unlimited storage’ at a compressed level for images, like Google Drive, or really ‘unlimited’? Is it limited to any type of files?

You got me on that. Not sure if it is any file type

I have the 2 not the XL

1 Like

I’ve got the HTC U11. Pretty similar to my old M9 except the camera is amazing on this one. It was poxy on the old one.

I was looking at one of those initially having had some HTC phones before. They were pretty cheap at about $500 and good initial reviews, but the reviews a few months down the track were not so good, Nothing wrong with it and camera reports are good. For me I just didnt want a phone that big. Nice looking phone though

Free uncompressed storage for all pixel 2 photos until 2020. After that you can keep it in your storage and it doesn’t count towards your free 15GB. After 2020 any photos you take will be like all other phones and only free if you let google compress the image.

1 Like

UE boom 2, awesome portable speaker

Got a chromecast ultra. Poops all over AirPlay. Apple’s “it just works” game has been off for awhile.

1 Like

when they started releasing 10 derivatives of each product the ‘it just works’ went out the window.

I honestly have no idea how Airplay is even supposed to work anymore. Like you can only get it going once something is playing.

Chromecast makes more sense. You press a button and it appears on screen ‘ready to stream’ then plays automatically from the app.

Chromecast is one of the best things google have done. i can’t wait to see their ■■■■■■■■■■■ of a corporate structure ruin it.

After 5 years of Nexus 5 I bought a new phone today. Nokia 6 (2018). Very nice piece of kit for $388 outright. Nice to have a Nokia back in my hand. Running pure Android 8.1

1 Like

got these because a, they look good, b apparently they sound good too.

good story barnz.

thanks PRE.

its no airpod…