Everyone else's trash. Our treasure?

How so Wim?

Don’t call me Shirley!

That, and that he’d technically resigned. If the Lions had known he’d keep playing they’d have either kept him or tried to trade him to us.

Can you just take a DFA our do they have to go through the draft?

Mal had said he was retired, not just resigned. We picked him up, the AFL freaked out and changed the rules.

As i recall: Hodge retired. Then the Hawks heard there was interest, and un-retired him and agreed not to match any bid and take the compensation pick. The AFL said no, so the Bears said “free picks Hawthorn”, and gave them 43 and 75. The AFL said “sure”.

You can just take them.

Cyril Rioli hasn’t lodged the paperwork to be officially retired. Can be taken as a Delisted Free Agent.

6 Likes

Contracted though, would need to be traded… about 3 weeks ago.

Awwww, don’t make me do stuff.

It just smells bad.
If we delisted a mature player averaging 20+ possessions per game (plus the other stats), paid out the rest of his contract, and Collingwood said ‘Thanks very much.’ And gave him three years without having to go through trading or the draft…you don’t think Carlton would say, ‘Eh? Hang on…’?

You don’t think people would be looking at future dealings between the two clubs very closely?

“Real depth”…

… they brought in Miles, Ellis & Horlin-Smith, none of which are better than Lyons thus shouldn’t be affecting his opportunities.

Clearly something else going on there as has been eluded to already by others.

4 Likes

Nope. Shenanigans. He’s delisted but not retired. Cause afl rules don’t apply to Hawthorn.

How the ■■■■ the sun’s can delist lyons and get priority access to state league players is a disgrace.

Crazy decision. Whatever way you look at it it’s shocking list management.

Joke club that should be wound up immediately. Nobody could give a ■■■■ if they ceased to exist.

To think a great historic club like Fitzroy got turfed out to be replaced by the suns…

Maybe Dew and his coaching staff should look at themselves rather than scapegoat their players

5 Likes

Best midfielder in a poor team gets 2 votes in the Brownlow ( midfielder) Medal .
Unlike Cripps in a worse team…
Something wrong here.

1 Like

I don’t rate jaryd lyons.

Woeful disposal. Makes Hepp look absolutely first rate. Don’t know where that effective disposal stat comes from. But I call BS.

Really?
I’d turf a player like him too.
Play for the team or hit the road.
He didn’t, he has.
Good decision.

2 Likes

That’s probs because he Dyson is 1st rate

2 Likes

OK. Dave Myers in his left boot out of a clearance.

Jarryd Lyons does not have good disposal efficiency. Not sure where that stat comes from. Would be one of our worst.

1 Like

Not sure in what universe the Suns replaced Fitzroy, but carry on

3 Likes

Yep Freo replaced Fitzroy

2 Likes

In fairness GC actually got 6 less votes than FC & their leading vote getter only polled 5.

I have to assume there are issues with Lyons we simply don’t know about. He’s clearly one of their better players on field but must have issues off it. Would easily get a game at many clubs on ability.