Everyone else's trash. Our treasure?

Which is why they didn’t try to trade him? Something stinks.

I did like the bit about a “mature discussion” in their PR spin.

I’m not fully following what you’re suggesting. I assume they tried to trade him but being contracted for far more than any other club would pay, they were left holding the bag. Do you think there’s more to it?

Did you hear how much crap was spoken about anyone speculated as a possible trade?

It’s inconceivable [insert gif here] that they even half-heartedly tried to do so and no one ran with it as a story.

(It’s also pretty much inconceivable that Gold Coast are crippled by the salary cap next year, and wouldn’t offer a partial payment to get some trade currency or a player back.)

Not a direct replacement but let’s not kid ourselves that Fitzroy wasn’t turfed out at the expense of expansion teams to grow the game

1 Like

I thought it was known that he was a possible trade option. I’m pretty sure it was discussed on Blitz that he was possibly being shopped around - maybe I was mistaken.

Dew, if he is any sort of a coach, had to give him his marching orders and set an example to the rest of the team. Has to start somewhere.

1 Like

My mate said that Lyons is going to lions (Brisbane) not ross.

Seems you get the ball if you ignore GC team structures. :joy:

1 Like

13 years later, and with 2 other new clubs in between.

Longest of long bows there.

2 Likes

Reality is Henry that if Fitzroy had hang on for another year or so, the massive monies that came into the competition through TV rights would have saved them, like it saved Footscray, St Kilda and North and others.

Truth is also that Fitzroy went broke due to incompetence and larceny.

2 Likes

GC’s gameplan has been ‘get it to Gary’ since the day the club was created, so it’s reasonable that they struggled a bit this year…

GC have certainly loaded up now on other clubs trash/fringe players & some solid VFL talent

Need to really nail their top end picks this year and next as far as gaining class

Not only do they need to nail some picks, they need to convince them to stay long term

3 Likes

As most builders will tell you nailing picks is not necessarily the best way to get players to stay, especially if the substrate is rotten.
Screwing them may have better results- hang on I think they’ve tried that too.
Avoid the glue - Karmichael Hunt and various others could testify.

Staple their main picks?

1 Like

Swans have signed Menzel

1 Like

2 forwards that won’t chase or tackle. They better mark it or it will rebound quickly

2 Likes

So Geelong and Sydney have basically swapped Rohan and Menzal. Weird not sure it helps either team.

9 Likes

And he’ll star there, … just you watch.

Diggers hacked your account?

1 Like

Lol.

They just always seem to get the best out of guys that get to almost, but not quite here in Vic.

1 Like