Evidence of Scott Lucas kicking a right-foot goal

Scotty, if he thought he was in range, would just back himself and go for it. Even if he was out of range, he’d back himself and make it become in range.

And his stint playing centre half-back! - what a great player.

1 Like

Won a B&F at CHB and CHF

3 Likes

Was BOG up until half time of the 2001 GF.

I would strongly dispute that proposition. Lloyd was a great full forward, but he was a one-position player. Lucas could play at least three key positions and star in them all (obviously not at once). Lloyd was always considered the star, and of course being the full forward he kicked more goals, but if you compare the statistics year by year over their entire careers Lucas would come out ahead. And like you I’d back him ahead of Lloyd to kick the goal after the siren to win the Grand Final.

I was feeling so smart, had tipped him for six goals, and he was halfway there at half time.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure Lloyd would have dominated at CHB just like Lucas did when he briefly played there.

Fark these stupid farking discussions. Where’s the ■■■■■■ team?

It was very hot that day.

Yeah, I’m with Dill on this one.

As I said, I friggin loved Scotty, but… There are only six guys in the history of the game who have kicked more goals than Lloyd.

He was a deadset champion.

1 Like

Lloyd was really good when he played higher up the park too. Just didn’t do it much, after a certain point.

As for who I’d want kicking for goal after the siren… Lloyd, 10 times out of 10.

2 Likes
  1. 454 (67.1 % )
    Vs
    471.309 ( 60.4% )

Anywhere within 55 I’m going Lloyd.

1 Like

Kicked a lazy 62 goals playing more up the ground in 2008, when his body was pretty shot and his knigjts-sooking was in full swing.

I recall Lloyd playing CHB once in his career: versus Adelaide at Docklands in 2000. Apparently* was largely responsible for turning around a bad game for us, though Long got the headlines by kicking five goals in the final forty minutes.

*I was in Albury at my second National Boomerang Championship. Won Accuracy in strong wind, and missed third overall by a teeny amount.

2 Likes

Was he though? I’m not convinced of that. Lucas could play anywhere while also proving how damaging he could be as a stay at home full forward.

Lloyd excelled at keeping things simple and doing it very very well. He’s also the best kick for goal I reckon ever I’ve ever seen. Think he was better than Lockett outside 50.

It’s barely a contest imo.

At his peak, Lucas was still very beatable, especially if you put a defender with really good body strength on him. Silvagni straight up monstered him a few times, as did McCartney for North. And when he got beat, he got beaten badly.

At his peak, Lloyd was almost unbeatable. He’d kick 3 on a bad day, because you just couldn’t stop him for a full game.

I reckon the combination of playing in Hird’s shadow, the way he ungracefully exited the game, and his wanker media persona, sees history drastically underrate Matty Lloyd.

But I still liked Scotty better.

3 Likes

Long was robbed on the Brownlow voting for that game.

Who says they can’t ?

Reckon he went to Carey a couple of times early in his career as well.

the day football died.

They are also politically incorrect as the colour matches kitchen appliances