Ex-#10 Saint Francis, off to the Sydney Diocese

And there’s no one answer.
He’s had personal stuff, fitness issues, coaches have shuffled his position, he’s had 3 different senior coaching setups over his time and probably 3 or 4 different backline coaches.

I realise.
However, despite that, I’ve watched him kick for goal a lot, and he is not a bad kick.

so you reckon he’s in his own head? especially when half the team can’t usually convert well we’ve got a big problem if our forwards also can’t, thank god for 2MP

Absolutely I do.
Much like Jones in his first game.

Not something I remember noticing him being particularly good at, but that may be me. Even in the VFL, I can recall some fantastic running goals, don’t recall noticing his set shots one way or the other. He’s definitely struggling with it now.

Plenty of fantastic players just aren’t good from the set shots - think Hurley, Carlisle, even Crameri. The really really good finishers just have it, and that’s that.
He’s not one of them, and I don’t think he’s going to ever get enough shots where that’s OK (you can deal with a JD kicking 3.3, because he’s still kicking 3).

And I’d agree it’s not a skill issue. Does it matter?

Parish came good last year.
It’s Frank’s turn this year to establish himself in best 22.
This year I see the Force within him.
Patience my little Padawan.

3 Likes

Parish had been a team regular for 5 years.

3 Likes

Agree. If I was in a judgemental kind of mood I might also say that we have historically not had a lot of time on draft night for the kind of traits that often coincide with creative forwards of any sort, especially not in U18s players.

1 Like

No, I guess it doesn’t matter.
I find it a shame though, that he may never actually get the run of games as a forward to develop those skills properly.

1 Like

has he really had an extended run in VFL to try and bed down some regularity and output? seems to me he’s been bounced around a bit and mostly quite inconsistent

He did a short stint in the VFL as a forward a few years ago.

Since then, he had a handful of games last year, trained up forward this pre-season, and has had 2 games at it.

1 Like

Francis is depth only this year.

Not in the VFL team, tomorrow…

Injured??

Where are you seeing VFL team

Should have taken Weideman

1 Like

Should have passed.

2 Likes

This is correct. Since about 2010 we were waiting for Joe. And waiting for Gumbleton to not be injured

We fluffed around around Hurley changing ends all the time.

We got Carlisle, started him forward, sent him back where he looked good, then sent him forward. We fluffed him around.

We used Hooksy at both ends as necessary. Lucky for us he was a great footballer.

Peter is looking good, but again was a cheap stop gap.

Jones is pretty much the only time we’ve gone “yep, need a key, need a good one, getting this guy”.

Sure there’s Cox and Reid who a both tall, but once again we’re fluffing around deciding where they’ll play. Hope we don’t Carlisle them…

2 Likes
1 Like

Same here

He was omitted not inj in the outs. Truck didnt mention any reason in the team changes video either. Wonder if it’s something else

1 Like