Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

That he still gets a game for us sums up where we are at. Should of had the line put through his name long ago

1 Like

Heā€™s literally the 6th guy weā€™ve tried as a tall forward, you carrot. And still kicked as many goals as anyone on the ground.

Heā€™s as far from our biggest issue as he is from our best side.

There is a reason he has played 50 games in about 8 years, he isnā€™t up to it. He should be playing VFL permanently. We have far better options than him currently

You really shouldā€™ve watched the second half too

2 Likes

Iā€™m dying to hear them.

2 Likes

If you are happy with that performance good on you. Iā€™d be happy to never see him play in the ones again

He isnā€™t best 22 but he had a shocker last night- practically invisible yet still kicked a couple and out scored Buddyā€¦ As a reserve I have no problems with him filling in to cover injuries while Francis, Begley develop and Stewart hopefully reaches his potential.

Would Brown have kicked 2 in the same role last night?

1 Like

HE was good in the second half. Terrible first half

From our rookie listed 3rd ruckman forced through injury to play his second position?
He was fine.

6 Likes

Fair enough, personally I would of atleast tried a Tommy/Looney combo first and think it may have been more successful. Hopefully Hooker is fine though next week and it becomes a moot point

1 Like

I donā€™t think Leunie is that much better to be worth stuffing around with our structures for.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

2 Likes

Good-bye and amen.

Clearly isnā€™t best 22 but heā€™s a really useful back up. Reasonable chance of a contract in 2018 imo

3 Likes

Will never play another senior game of footy.

Thanks for everything Shaun. Particularly round 1 this year

Is Hooker a certainty to only miss one week?

Hope so. Even still. Iā€™d play anyone else. Mckernan is done

1 Like

How did you rate Stewartā€™s game?

Just as bad. Ineffective after quarter time. All our talls were pretty ordinary bar Hartley

Yeah, I donā€™t think he was so bad that he canā€™t ever play again. He took half a game to get back up to AFL speed, in a role heā€™s not really suited for.

I thought his second half was ok. I mean, if Hooker is ready then no question, but I wouldnā€™t be doing something silly like bringing Leuy in, and taking TBell out of the ruck.

Of course, if Franga kicks a bag todayā€¦

1 Like