Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

one of the mysteries of the world, how does his career keep going another year.

3 Likes

Iā€™m more surprised another club didnā€™t try pick him up.

Heā€™s not a woeful player, in fact with an extended run I think he would surprise many.

4 Likes

Heā€™s a nearly there kinda player that can play the odd ripper qtr, and kick a great goal.

Which is more than okay for now as depth whilst Draper develops and we look to find better.

1 Like

Source, Speedy?

How tall is Shaun Grigg? We only need one ruck and someone his height lol

He is a serviceable backup. Got no issues with him taking a rookie spot for another year.

1 Like

The Age

Has lasted 10 years in the system. Itā€™s a truly amazing effort.

14 Likes

If true it makes complete sense to me. To put it into perspective in his senior games this year he had 1.3 less disposals than Howlett but had 17 hideouts per game and averaged. 9 of a goal more.
Itā€™s obvious insurance for our older and injury prone rucks as an interim before Draper and Lavender hopefully take over.
Good call.

See McNernan gets another year, go straight to Bkitz to look at over the top, outraged posts. Nothing. All very toned down. Disappointing.

Where did he find all those hideouts?

1 Like

McNurnan being re-signed as a rookie, means that Jackets has scoured the other available ruck stocks and not found anyone better to replace him. Picking up Lavender also means we wonā€™t draft a tall. Not that thereā€™s anything wrong with that.

2 Likes

I like him. Heā€™s just not quite tall enough to be a ruckman, so when he plays in the ruck he gives away a lot of frees. But the ruck is basically his only position, so if he plays, he has to play in the ruck all day, and his best games have been when heā€™s done just that. His value as a ruckman is that heā€™s great at following up after the bounce or throwup and he gets a lot of clearances. And he can take a strong mark and heā€™s got a kick like a mule ā€“ but straighter. Iā€™d like to see him tried as a ruck rover, i.e., only going for hitouts occasionally, but right in the pack getting clearances from the inside.

8 Likes

Yeah, stoked for the bloke. Shame he doesnā€™t get an extended run ā€˜cause as someone mentioned, he could very well surprise. Remember the 9 games in 2015 ā€¦ he was dynamic. Averaged 18 possies, 23 hitouts, 6 goals and played with lots of heart. Glad heā€™s on the list and Iā€™m sure heā€™s happy about that too given no other club will pick him up.

3 Likes

Made it by a neck

13 Likes

Seems kind of pointless to me, but best of luck to him while heā€™s on the list.

can farking footy journos stop using the term ā€œjourneymanā€ for every single average player???

i swear, these idiots make celebrity gossip reporters look distinguished. buy a friggin thesaurus you flogs!

2 Likes

One of the advantages of a stupendous neck

1 Like

i am happy for him and agree with the decision - worst result will be that he makes the ressies alot more formidable.
I believe he has upside and thought he should have been called up last year when we needed the 2nd/3rd tall spot filled. I wasnā€™t the only one IIRC.

1 Like