Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

Stoked for the bloke.

Can’t wait for him to slay the 5 games he plays next season.

4 Likes

Was he? I saw him spend one game with substantial time back, early in the year. Was good at it — like Ryder early in his career, it got him to the ball more often. He’s shown extremely little as a forward, though I hope that part of his game is going to improve notably, given his relative inexperience with Aussie Rules.

Yeah, not permanently though obviously. He’s far more damaging in the ruck.

I read somewhere though that they may consider developing him further as a key back.

Happy he has stayed on the list. If we do decide to play Daniher as a permanent forward thank Smack could get more games in 2018

I’m just trying to imagine this at the first bounce:

FB: Draper

HB: Brown

R: McKernan

HF: Lavender!

FF: Leuenberger?

Not sure S_K is going to like you putting his son on the bench.

Based on his video he looks like he has potential as a forward.

Whoops. Coming from a position of no knowledge whatsoever about him. Edited and fixed.

What, his neck?

2 Likes

Belief,Concentration,etc…

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Welcome to Essendon Luke Lavender

Daniher???

Do you mean Hooker?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Welcome to Essendon Luke Lavender

Which is far from ideal and will stunt their development.

No it wont. If you want to play senior footy you need to be able to adapt to different situations offensively and defensively. Especially the way the game is going with ruckmen where they’re now being asked to become more mobile and flexible instead of just being a big dude in the middle.

2 Likes

Although McKernan will remain on the rookie list in 2018, under new rules next season, Category A Rookies will now be eligible to play in the senior side without needing to be upgraded on to the senior list.

McKernan played 34 games for Adelaide before joining Essendon in 2015. He has played 18 games in the red and black, in his three seasons with the Club.

“Shaun gives us good depth as another ruckman, a mature-aged ruckman, while we have two developing young ruckman in Sam Draper and Luke Lavender,” Worsfold said.

“He has the flexibility to play as a key forward for us, if required as well.

“He is a player that works really hard, has a great attitude, great work ethic and fits in really well with the values that we are living.”

2 Likes

MCNERNAN LIVES

Good keep, still rate Smack, this confidence in him might inspire some high end footy, when he’s up and about is a game changer. Him and Stringer in the middle would have bodies flying everywhere.

5 Likes

He has the Michael Myers Gene.

HE.CANT.BE.KILLED

1 Like

Glad he’s back on board. Fills a gap when needed & shows patches of brilliance. If he can find greater consistency (confidence?) … huge upside.

The legend of SMACK

1 Like

Somebody gotta tell Smack about the legend of the Kevin Walsh.
Aint nobody in living memory turned their form fortunes on their head like Kev did.
Come on Smack, make a go of it

7 Likes