Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

Hope Sicily asks him for a high 5 one day.

3 Likes

Smack should have played in the final in Syney once Hooker was out
Most incompetent team selection
Smackā€™s pre season form according to Woosha before round 1 was ā€œ outstandingā€
Why the hell was he left out until recently?
We need to be transparent and fair
Reward players
Otherwise the perception is that its a boys club

3 Likes

His neck tells me heā€™s the thermometer.

2 Likes

We know he can perform, heck Adelaide did too, the issue is for him to maintain that. Cā€™mon Shaunny you got this.

1 Like

McKernan would be first run forward at a few clubs, at least at Carlton/St.Kilda/Brisbane plus a few more.

No - some, but not most.

And thatā€™s the problem with these outlandish absolute statements. Makes statements like that, and itā€™s difficult to take anything else seriously.

Joey is still a lot younger - he hasnā€™t had 10 years as an AFL listed player, struggling to make it in two teams. I do like Smackā€™s attitude, and I do appreciate his skills. He is not consistent, in my opinion, because he finds it difficult to focus.

Joey has the occasional depressed state - but otherwise his attitude is great. He celebrates a goal, his or others, just like everyone else does. You donā€™t have to bring someone down to build someone else up.

2 Likes

Gave a bloke an opportunity and he grabbed it with both hands. Love it.

Fark Carlton. Franga in. Go Bombers.

Loves a big game, bag for dream time next week coming up.

1 Like

For three and a half quarters, I was thinking ā€œhere we go againā€. Gave away silly frees and did nothing positive, but a good last 20 minutes.

5 Likes

Anyone else notice how TBC plays better when we can give him some support with Smack taking some ruck duties.

3 Likes

Welcome to reality.

Stop killin my win buzz with reality!

Not his best game, but to be fair the conditions were pretty crap for tall players tonight.

1 Like

It was a big farkin goal in the last, though.

Huge kick.

4 Likes

He didnā€™t play his best but I was pleased that he never gave up and then helped out well in the last 1/4. Thatā€™s what you want to see, a player who maybe doesnā€™t play well but keeps trying to play his part. That is what builds consistency.

5 Likes

You want players to stand up when the game is on the line. Smack was great near the end. Shows the spirit we want to see.

2 Likes

Right on. He stood up when it counted when others couldnā€™t and we needed them to (misses from Zaha, Raz & Stewart)

We play better when heā€™s in. He deserves it

1 Like

The umps seemed to have him under the microscope last night. Not sure all those frees were legit.

3 Likes

You touch on why he is a frustrating player. To be fair I reckon the commentators have him exactly pegged. He has to gain some consistency. Didnā€™t seem to take a lot of contested marks around the ground when rucking.

If he plays forward against the Tigers he HAS to be enough of a threat that his man sticks to him.

That neck extraction got me extractedā€¦

1 Like