Ex-#44 Shaun McKernan

Agreed

You know how it always feels like a no name player has a day out against us? Imagine how Geelong and North fans feel.

8 Likes

Can someone remind me what his rookie / contract status is?

I expect we would like to rookie him next year if possible. But not sure if there is a limit to how long he can be a rookie. Also I would be surprised if some other club doesnā€™t want to give him a list spot after this year.

1 Like

Imagine the player he could have been if he was playing in the 90ā€™s

4 Likes

the 80s when he was actually tall enough to be a key forward/ ruck

3 Likes

ever since he came from the crows i was excited.
I love his kicking for goalā€¦ not since loyd have i had such faith in a set shot.

1 Like

Absolutely loved it when he got stuck into tarrant after tarrant dropped a sitter and the 2 minutes later kicked.one from 45 on the boundary.

He is capable of anything. One of the most talented guys on our list

7 Likes

EFA

4 Likes

I did not predict this plot twist in Shaunā€™s career. Iā€™d like it to continue for some time please.

4 Likes

Got to be the most frustrating player I have seen for a while.
Physically has the complete toolbox. Tall, strong and agile.
Today was a complete showcase of the walking contradiction that he is. Taking speccies, kicking snap goals, using his strength to beat Majak. At the same time you have the occasional head shaking brain fades.
Iā€™m starting to wonder if we just sit back and learn to enjoy the roller coaster ride.
He has been presenting himself as a dangerous target and forcing his opponents to respect him. Thatā€™s a win.

22 Likes

Smack - makes the difficult look easy and the easy look difficult!

4 Likes

I get your point but who gives a flying fck how they feel

3 Likes

Smackā€¦what a crazy player

1 Like

I donā€™t see why people donā€™t like this guy. Sure, he has off games but even his bad doesnā€™t seem that bad to me.

3 Likes

Heā€™s a better kick at goal than Stewart.

Stewart tho has a very good ground game

I thought that Specky, and then the turn over pretty much summed up his career!
Thereā€™s no doubt he has great talent, heā€™s so incredibly inconsistent though.

But wowee, what a game from him. Youā€™d have to say heā€™s earned himself another contract. Thereā€™s no way we could let him go after the 2 months of football.

4 Likes

He was playing this well in 2015 tbh. Just never got a game in 2016, sfa in the seniors last year and probably didnā€™t deserve another contract but has replicated that 2015 form pretty well. I love smack, heā€™s got all the talent. Just keep him in. Give him another year. Heā€™s that type of player who would murder us if he were playing for another team.

All over the shop a bit, but I just love the guy

2 Likes

His best is sensational, but his decision making lets him down occasionally. I think he just plays best on instinct and when he doesnā€™t over think things - like when he was streaming into goal and should have had a shot, but then unselfishly tried to find a target in the arc and turned it over. He and Jake have a thread of natural brilliance they should just go with. Heā€™s just hitting prime age for a big bloke too. Quick - sign him up!

1 Like

His the sort of player that us Essendon supporters hate to play because they pop up and kick 5 or 6 out of no where. Iā€™ll take his 3 or 4 every few weeks no worries. Coz he mustā€™ve ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  off plenty of North supporters today and thatā€™s okay with me!

1 Like

i think heā€™s been underrated for years, almost won the vfl B&F one year playing only 10 games or something like that

his brother was one of my fav opposition players because he was hard at it and a real live wire, loved his footy

see that in smack and love that we have him and that north donā€™t

is up there with Hooker as some of the surest hands, and alongside smith for passion for the hard stuff

also has the ability to kick miracle goals, heā€™s been doing stuff like today for years now

if we dropped JoeDan earlier for him we proably would have won a few more

8 Likes