Exciting Times

Sheedy would disagree with you.

Sorry man.
It was obvious you mis-read, and I should have picked it up.

1 Like

This about sums it up for me, good balanced post.

Celebrating mediocity should be Essendon’s slogan for the past 10 years.

Threads like this just prove it.

Fair enough

If Joe wins the Coleman can we not get excited?

Or is that celebrating mediocrity.

2 Likes

Plenty to be excited about but the excitement will come to nothing without adding another 2-3 quality mids in the offseason. If we don’t fix that we will be sitting here in 12 months time like Groundhog Day

1 Like

How are we going to get 2-3 quality mids in the offseason, has a club ever done that?

We all want mids but without trading out all our players with trade value I can’t see us trading in 3 quality mids in one go.

1 Like

I don’t think we need 2-3 Zerrett’s.
I said elsewhere (maybe earlier in this thread), 2 average guys with reasonable pace who run hard both ways would make a massive difference even if they aren’t big ball winners

Funny you should say that.
I’ve read a few posts saying Kennedy ‘deserves’ the Coleman.
wtf is that about?
Go Joe!

Seriously though, injuries or not, I’m not sure how much time Kennedy spends in the ruck…

3 Likes

Mitchell and JOM lol

Not saying we will get elite quality mids but there are plenty of available mids of a decent price that would add something to our side. We should be throwing the kitchen sink at Kelly or Rockcliff and then add a Balic/Hopper/Kennedy.
Rockcliff costs zero draft picks, throw $900k at him if that’s what it takes

2 Likes

Can’t agree at all. We don’t need 2 average guys who aren’t big ball winners.
We need elite talent in the midfield. I’d be a lot happier with one elite, Kelly type, than a couple of hard working fringe types.

Yeah I’d like that.

But it’s still a long shot.

Yeah 2-3 quality mids ain’t happening.

We’ll have a meh draft pick which will see the top mids gone before our turn and we don’t get deals done so we aren’t going to see quality coming in that way either.

However, as others have pointed out, bringing in a kid who will run both ways could add more next year than Jobe has been able to give this year. If that kid can also find the pill we might be pleasantly surprised.

Get Myers, Howlett and probably even Colyer out of the rotation and we might be getting serious.

Exciting times indeed.

Take half of them?

Wot? Are they replacing Jobe with a HBF?

1 Like

hahahaha
Go start a thread - Wallowing in Self Pity

2 Likes

I’d prefer to be at the type of party where the house burns down and nobody says anything…

4 Likes

How’s that working out for you?

no walla in your best 22?