Experience

So what do Langford, Laverde, Long and Irish McKenna have in common, that the rest of the list don't?

Everyone else has played at least one senior game, even if it's with someone else.

.......and here I am looking at Callum Twomeys best 22 thinking we're looking Ok. 

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-12-06/your-clubs-best-22

Essendon
B: Mark Baguley,  Cale Hooker , Dustin Fletcher
HB: Courtenay Dempsey, Michael Hurley,  Michael Hibberd
C:  Brent Stanton, Jobe Watson, David Zaharakis          
HF: Patrick Ambrose, Jake Carlisle, Adam Cooney
F: Paul Chapman, Joe Daniher, Jason Winderlich
R: Tom Bellchambers, Dyson Heppell, Brendon Goddard
I/C: Jonathan Giles, Travis Colyer, David Myers
Sub:  Zach Merrett
New: Adam Cooney (Western Bulldogs), Jonathan Giles (GWS )
Unavailable: Nick Kommer's ongoing knee tendinitis issues have set back his pre-season, which could mean a later start to 2015.  
Comment: The Bombers meet the Sydney Swans at ANZ Stadium in round one, and could take a very experienced side up for the clash. The addition of Adam Cooney and Jonathan Giles gives the Bombers some more mature bodies, while the core of Essendon's squad has now been in the system for five-to-seven seasons. Ben Howlett and Heath Hocking were unlucky to miss out in this team and would be strongly considered, the same for Jake Melksham. Youngster Martin Gleeson has also shown he can be a part of the club's first-choice team with his dash from half-back. - Callum Twomey

I reckon laverde will have Ambroses spot in that lineup come round one

Strong backline, forward line looks capable. Lid off.

I would expect Ambrose to hold his spot there. He is having a huge pre-season and we are talking him up as a vital piece of our forward structure. Really working hard on the offensive side of his game, it would be nice to see him kick a few more goals.

Who in that side throws themselves into contests without any regard for their safety just to win the ball for his team?

I count 2 Baguley and Ambrose.

Who in that side throws themselves into contests without any regard for their safety just to win the ball for his team?

LAVERDE, at training just ran at people

oh and mckenna have seen him step in front of joe during match simulation a few times.

oh and mckenna have seen him step in front of joe during match simulation a few times.

That sounds like something that could shorten his career.

That sounds like something that could shorten his career.

its fine, joe jumped over him

List is good. For 2 quarters out of 4 anyway.

Interesting point that 11 of Cal's best 22 don't have infraction notices.

And we have handy reserves to slot in.. gwilt, laverde, Langford..

Gleeson. Kids going to take Brownlow votes off Heps in years to come.

Minor point of difference.

I think I would have Zac Merrett in the starting 21, perhaps at the expense of Colyer.

Watson, Hibberd & Heppell don't exactly lack in that area.

Interesting point that 11 of Cal's best 22 don't have infraction notices.

And the other 11 have bull**** infraction notices. (Wrong thread?)

If Hocking can’t get a game we’re going to win the flag.

When I was 17 I met a 31 year old lady who helped me gain experience

When I was 17 I met a 31 year old lady who helped me gain experience

We are talking football, not fantasy Nick.

We would have close to the oldest list in the comp now, so we have the right demographics for immediate success. We really need to capitilise and start winning finals.

The disturbing thing is that a fair chunk of our 'experienced' players haven't won a final.