Experience

The disturbing thing is that a fair chunk of our 'experienced' players haven't won a final.

They are also mostly under 25-26.

Stanton, Watson, Chapman, Fletcher, Cooney, Goddard = third of the starting 18 have played and won finals - not too bad in my books. Certainly this year should see that increase you would hope.

■■■■ dogs have won a final more recently than us? thats depressing.

Stanton, Watson, Chapman, Fletcher, Cooney, Goddard = third of the starting 18 have played and won finals - not too bad in my books. Certainly this year should see that increase you would hope.

3 that did it elsewhere.

weve been bollocks for so long.

Our list is still very young

Our list is still very young

Say what? Last season only five clubs had older lists. This year we will be older again (having added Cooney, Gwilt, Giles and McKernan), and a few teams who were older in season 2014 will have a younger demographic (eg. St Kilda and Geelong). We quite possibly will have the oldest list in the comp next season. If not, there don't be much in it.

how much does fletch bump it up though?

When I was 17 I met a 31 year old lady who helped me gain experience

We are talking football, not fantasy Nick.
Mrs zep is six months older than me,she showed me the ropes.then we got married

When I was 17 I met a 31 year old lady who helped me gain experience

We are talking football, not fantasy Nick.
Mrs zep is six months older than me,she showed me the ropes.then we got married

Kinky ;)

Did Watson play in the 2004 side? Surprised at that. Shame Winders was always injured or he might have.
I think its the finals experience that is our biggest problem - playing together as a unit. I curse the 2013 sanctions - the team was flying before they were announced and with a likely top 4 finish would have had at least two finals, three if we won one of the first two. Which would have set us up far better for this year's finals and the future. A little like the 2004/2005 campaigns set the Cats up for their 2007 attack.

Gleeson. Kids going to take Brownlow votes off Heps in years to come.

Hep and Gleeson and Zerret doing 90% midfield time together somewhere around 2016 would be an insane to watch. So much silk.

SILK FACTORY 2016

Hep and Gleeson and Zerret doing 90% midfield time together somewhere around 2016 would be an insane to watch. So much silk.
SILK FACTORY 2016

You know how they call the Calder Cannons the: "Calder Cannons Footy Factory"?
We will be the: "Silky Skilled Footy Squad"

SILK FACTORY 2016

You know how they call the Calder Cannons the: "Calder Cannons Footy Factory"?
We will be the: "Silky Skilled Footy Squad"

After the amount of times we've heard & seen the letters QC in the last  2 years, just "The Silks" would be apt.

They‘re no HAMS.

Interesting point that 11 of Cal's best 22 don't have infraction notices.

RIP essendon

List is good. For 2 quarters out of 4 anyway.

This is it in a nutshell. I would be putting more youth into that side at every possible opportunity.
Chappy for the super-sub role this season. 

I reckon laverde will have Ambroses spot in that lineup come round one

Who in that side throws themselves into contests without any regard for their safety just to win the ball for his team?

I count 2 Baguley and Ambrose.
Watson, Hibberd & Heppell don't exactly lack in that area.

No doubt but they do it a tad more gracefully, Smarter I suppose.

Who in that side throws themselves into contests without any regard for their safety just to win the ball for his team?

Watson, Hibberd & Heppell don't exactly lack in that area.

No doubt but they do it a tad more gracefully, Smarter I suppose.
Henry Slattery threw himself into contest like that 2, so did Gavin Wanganeen. I know who I would have play back pocket.
It's no offence to Ambrose, but Laverde, provided he can do most of what he did at u18 level at AFL level offers a more potent offensive output with a greater ability to swing into the midfield at a similar height. So does Langford for that matter, but there is a lot of Fyfe about Laverde

LAVERDE, at training just ran at people

oh and mckenna have seen him step in front of joe during match simulation a few times.

That sounds like something that could shorten his career.

Nah, showing that you are courageous and going for the footy will ensure a career. You would have been bagging the hell out of him if he had taken a short step or not filled the hole. 

Plus he has the luck of the Irish! Will do a little jig and be out of they way before he gets crunched. 

I would have hocking ahead of Stanton.