F1 202x - Maybe?

Alonso would be begging for the seat.

And you could do way worse than give it to him.

Only trouble is last time Hamilton and Alonso were paired in the same team at McLaren in 2007 it was a ■■■■■ fight of epic proportions. Doubt Mercedes would want to go there again, although I agree Alonso is the best of the “getable” drivers. Whoever partners Hamilton next year will have a lot on their plate.

I’d love to see Verstappen at Mercedes. That would be a poo fight of Senna/Prost proportions.

Good on Rosberg for going out on his terms. And up yours to Hamilton.

Alonso could easily be at Mercedes. Just sack Hamilton and get Button!

Now they have lost Rosberg, there is no way they sack Hamilton, they want him to win the thing next year. They just need someone who can play second fiddle to his big head.

Only trouble is last time Hamilton and Alonso were paired in the same team at McLaren in 2007 it was a ■■■■■ fight of epic proportions. Doubt Mercedes would want to go there again, although I agree Alonso is the best of the “getable” drivers. Whoever partners Hamilton next year will have a lot on their plate.

I’d love to see Verstappen at Mercedes. That would be a poo fight of Senna/Prost proportions.

Now they have lost Rosberg, there is no way they sack Hamilton, they want him to win the thing next year. They just need someone who can play second fiddle to his big head.

Let a man dream.

pascal wehrlein

Pastor Maldonado!

Pastor Maldonado!

Bring him in!

You don’t remember the last time they were teammates?
Alonso despises Hamilton and makes no secret of it, can’t see him going down that path again unless the $$$$ were amazing.
Strange to think that there won’t be a German GP next year and the possibility of Mercedes not having a German driver

Is there a driver out there that doesn’t despise Hamilton?

Apparently has a good relationship only with Ricciardo, but who knows what Dan thinks of him out of the public eye.

Apparently has a good relationship only with Ricciardo, but who knows what Dan thinks of him out of the public eye.

I don’t want to see him teamed with someone who likes/tolerates him
I want to see him pull his ■■■■ on someone like Alonso and find himself run into a wall somewhere.

Alonso despises Hamilton and makes no secret of it, can’t see him going down that path again unless the $$$$ were amazing.
Strange to think that there won’t be a German GP next year and the possibility of Mercedes not having a German driver

Johnny Herbert? Damon Hill?

'boot, I believe you speak for most of the human race there.

The big question now is who replaces him.

Can Vettel or Alonso be bought out? Everyone has a price. Have Ferrari got enough points to pass the buyout clause in Vettel’s contract? Can they get Merc customer Williams to release Bottas? Will they have a crack at Sainz? Or go the junior Merc driver in Wehrlein? Or could Button be talked out of retirement as a stop gap?

Will be fascinating to watch how this plays out.

I’ve been pondering this question - One important factor is Mercedes must find a driver to keep Hamilton happy - They need a driver at around Hamilton’s level,because if he breaks his leg they need a driver who can win the championship - My first thought was Bottas but doubt this will happen seeing Massa has retired, which will leave Williams with no experience - Alonso is a chance as its obvious he is unhappy with McClaren - For me the obvious choice is Ricciardo - RBR see Verstappen as a future world champion ( they think the same of Ricciardo ), so losing Ricciardo is no disaster - Think Perez must also be a chance.

My order of preference is

Ricciardo
Alonso
Perez

I don’t want to see him teamed with someone who likes/tolerates him
I want to see him pull his ■■■■ on someone like Alonso and find himself run into a wall somewhere.

This so much. Would of loved to see Nico plough into him as his final act in F1

Red Bull have shafted Dan many times this season, whilst fawning all over Verstappen. I expect Dan would consider Mercedes’ offer, should it come. Wouldn’t blame him for telling RB where to stick their favouritism.

I think Bottas is probably the most likely, though. Close enough in speed to not threaten Princess Hamilton, but fast enough to contend should Lewis break a finger nail and throw a tanty.

If Bottas goes with Williams blessing, there will be a shedload of money going Williams way. And they will want a gun junior Merc driver to step up.

Can’t see Ric leaving Red Bull for it. Mind you, I didn’t see Rosberg quitting 36 hours ago!

Lewis Hamilton

I hope that Alonso moves there but McLaren ends up having the best car

Alonso is a bit like Lleyton Hewitt. Started off as a ■■■■ but has mellowed over the years.

Alonso is a bit like Lleyton Hewitt. Started off as a ■■■■ but has mellowed over the years.

nah hes still a ■■■■.

Alonso at 36 nxt year...doubt it.

If you wanted a stop gap for a year or two until someone else is available, Alonzo is still one of the best drivers in the game.
If you wanted someone long term, then no you wouldn’t look at him.

I doubt whether the term “Stop Gap” would be in the Mercedes F1 team vocabulary, it’s a championship seat we are talking about here.

Red Bull have shafted Dan many times this season, whilst fawning all over Verstappen. I expect Dan would consider Mercedes' offer, should it come. Wouldn't blame him for telling RB where to stick their favouritism.

I think Bottas is probably the most likely, though. Close enough in speed to not threaten Princess Hamilton, but fast enough to contend should Lewis break a finger nail and throw a tanty.

Dan reconfirmed his contract for next year so he won’t be going anywhere unless RB let him out of the contract.