F1 202x - Maybe?

I have volunteered at the GP a few times. My thoughts are that the Sat is better for the non rev head. It has many support classes racing, you see the F1 cars a few times when they are really trying and the GP entertainment is in full swing. On Sun the GP and the teams race strategy can be hard to follow plus the public transport leaving after the race can be a pain.

2 Likes

Hoping that Ricciardo hasnt done an Alonso. Choosing the wrong team can damage a career.

Yep prefer Saturdays.

I like to watch the race on TV on Sunday, you miss alot of stuff without the Sky coverage and commentators etc I find with a sport like F1.

Sat is the generally the best day, as qualifying is an exciting time. Loads more to see on Sat, as Sun is all about the race.

Yep sat the best day at the track, like to follow the race on tv.

Anyone watching the Netflix F1 doco thatā€™s just been released?

Mate of mine couldnā€™t recommend it more when I caught up with him yesterday.

Going to have to take a look.

Never been other than on the Sunday. TV coverage is far far better than what you would see at the track, in terms of coverage of the whole track, the leaders and the passing. You would be lucky to see a car being passed at the track.
What you absolutely do not get in front of the TV is the atmosphere, the noise, and any idea of how fast these cars really are.

1 Like

Just finished watching it, really good, highly recommended

Charlie Whiting has died suddenly at age 66 while here for the GP

Geez, that sucks

FIA F1 Race Director Charlie Whiting passes away

2 hours ago

FIA Director of Formula 1 Charlie Whiting sadly passed away this morning in Melbourne, aged 66, as the result of a pulmonary embolism, three days before the Australian Grand Prix which will open the F1 season.

He began his F1 career in 1977 working at the Hesketh team, then in the 1980s at Brabham. He has been an integral part of the organisation of the FIA Formula 1 World Championship since he joined the Federation in 1988, and has been the Race Director since 1997.

FIA President Jean Todt said: ā€œIt is with immense sadness that I learned of Charlieā€™s sudden passing. I have known Charlie Whiting for many years and he has been a great Race Director, a central and inimitable figure in Formula One who embodied the ethics and spirit of this fantastic sport.

"Formula 1 has lost a faithful friend and a charismatic ambassador in Charlie. All my thoughts, those of the FIA and entire motor sport community go out to his family, friends, and all Formula 1 lovers.ā€

Ross Brawn, Managing Director, Motorsports, Formula 1 said: ā€œI have known Charlie for all of my racing life. We worked as mechanics together, became friends and spent so much time together at race tracks across the world.

"I was filled with immense sadness when I heard the tragic news. Iā€™m devastated. It is a great loss not only for me personally but also the entire Formula 1 family, the FIA and motorsport as a whole. All our thoughts go out to his family.ā€

Will be a very somber F1 paddock this weekend.

1 Like

Pulmonary embolism. Possible victim of DVT on the flight in to Melbourne .

Something that we all need to be aware of on long haul flights.

Gee, Chris you are one for taking wild guesses.

1 Like

Just back from the track, so much sun fk me.

Desnā€™t bode well for the season seeing Mercedes dominant in Qualifying today.

Hopefully Grosjean loses his head in the first turn and livens up this race tomorrow.

3 Likes

was thinking of going tomorrow, but with the public transport works and the free skin cancer, might cold bev and tv it.

I will be watching Kubica closely in the first few races - Heā€™s seem to be struggling with his damaged hand - The Mercedes appear frighteningly quick.

Toilet or a start from Dan, race is basically done within the first 5 seconds

Sainzā€™s McLaren caught fire and took ages for officials to get to him

No it didnā€™t, they were right there as soon as he stopped.