Fan Behaviour at AFL games

I confess that I have no idea what is going on there.

Got asked a question today and I truly couldn’t remember what Gill’s background was? Prior to being Vlad’s henchman - what did he do?

We all remember who started this right?

Who first had a go at fans for being fans?

7 Likes

Garry Lyon last week.
Campbell Brown this week.
Next week we’ll have Nick Stevens’ thoughts…
Maybe even Laurence Angwin too…

5 Likes

So your poor behaviour at the footy is the fault of the AFL. Can we blame others.

Followed by Justin Murphy?

1 Like

it’s called passion dipstick

let me guess you are on of the guys that go to footy matches and give the occasional golf clap?

Crowd violence at the footy is a myth. And if I see either of you dipsticks at a game saying otherwise, I’ll smash ya

7 Likes

Yep all started when they said we shouldn’t boo

tenor

After leaving university, McLachlan worked as a management consultant with [Accenture] In 2000, he was employed as a strategy consultant to the AFL by CEO [Wayne Jackson] In 2003, he was appointed as General Manager of Commercial Operations and in 2008 was appointed Chief Operating Officer. In December 2012, he was appointed Deputy CEO. Before taking on the CEO role at the AFL, McLachlan played a major role in delivering stadiums for two new teams - Gold Coast Suns and GWS Giants, established the AFL media department and negotiated the media broadcast deal of $1.25 billion. In 2013, he supervised the AFL’s investigation into the [Melbourne Football Club tanking scandal and the negotiations with [Essendon Football Club supplements controversy] On 30 April 2014, the AFL Chairman [Mike Fitzpatrick]) announced McLachlan would be appointed as AFL CEO replacing [Andrew Demetriou. At the announcement of his appointment, McLachlan stated: *I’ve been part of the community of football and I know how important it is. I played over 200 games of amateur or country football, I’ve captained a club, I’ve been on a committee of a club, I’m a life member of a club. I’ve had my share of cold showers and freezing committee meetings. I’ve been part of appointing coaches and sacking coaches. I have a clear vision of where the game needs to go and how we’re going to get there. For me that vision is about having an unassailable hold on the Australian community.
He probably dreamt up the $2M fine to EFC - bringing the game into disrepute (couldn’t’t find any evidence).

Thanks RR, that explains a few things.

Those blokes prowling the aisles might as well wear “Bear Patrol” vests

1 Like
1 Like

I feel attacked

2 Likes

BD you should tell your relatives to stop pinching people.

1 Like

Waiting for Josh Bootsma’s thoughts.

1 Like

Has Jeff Kennett been reading bomber blitz?
Apparently will be reprimanded from afl for similar comments.

1 Like

I think the ruck free kicks was where it first started a few years ago, the ones where both ruckmen look at each other and the supporter has no idea which way the free kick is going, now it’s crept in to just about every decision there is two ways it can be paid.
Holding frees umpires can be deceived like Scully free on Zaka and he was holding Zakas arm.
Hands in the back, umps pick/ choose when to pay more for a push now, but hard to know.
CHopping arms in a marking contest will let it go then pay a few in a row in a row.

Holding the ball/incorrect disposal/ push in the back / high contact/ ducked play on, trip these can all happen in a few seconds of play and it’s a raffle which free the umpire will pay/not pay.

1 Like

Purple warrior said that the security officers will only walk up the rows once a quarter rather than 3 times next week.
And they will throw out the behavioural officer vests.