Fan boycott

I haven’t been to a match since round 1. I think it’s time for all fans to let their feet do the talking and not attend any matches. Do they deserve our loyalty and money? Is my weekend time worth ■■■■■■■ on? Hell no. My membership won’t be renewed that’s for sure

2 Likes

I haven’t been to the footy for 4 years and have no intention of going any time soon.

16 Likes

Same here. I just watch on Fox and chuck stuff at the TV. Wife walks out at the 2 minute mark of the first quarter.

29 Likes

Preach hahaha.

The sad thing about this is that’s one members vote less towards change :disappointed:

1 Like

I always pay my membership and joined Lawdons but no more. Today officially ended that unfortunately.

7 Likes

Same just watch it on TV and post on the Blitz how farked we are…its actually the best bit of the night

12 Likes

:slight_smile: yer, the only way to get all the stress out.

1 Like

A lot of the time I find Nino more entertaining than the game itself, that’s for sure.

10 Likes

He is very enjoyable at times.

I find constantly posting about how farked we are to be very therapeutic.

4 Likes

It helps relieve the PTSD from following this mob.

2 Likes

Agree whats more enjoyable than hearing from a few hundred passionate bomber supporters going farkin nuts… without the blitz, honestly i would switch off at half time

3 Likes

Remember when he referred to Nat Fyfe as ‘number 7’ hahahaha

3 Likes

This is what I got today.

"Hi,

I hope this email finds you well.

I’m emailing today as we’ve noticed that you currently have a spare reserved seat adjacent to you at The MCG, and with our upcoming 150 year anniversary celebration match in Round 13 vs long-time rivals Carlton (7:50pm Friday, 10 June) , we want as many of our loyal members to join us in our celebrations! We are giving you the opportunity to purchase a 3 Game 150 Year Membership and claim that seat for a friend or family member that you would like to cheer and celebrate alongside you.

As well as claiming this reserved seat for the round 13 match vs Carlton, you or your friend/family member will also receive a host of inclusions, which I have included below as well as the price range for the reserved seat ticket holder;

• GA Access to 3 Home or Away games in Melbourne
  • Your name printed on the Round 13 banner PLUS we’ll remove it after the team has run through for yours to keep
  • Your name printed in the Footy Record for Round 13 including a free copy of the record for you to keep
  • Your name on the Game Day LED during Round 13
  • Exclusive 150 Year Celebration Pin
  • Recognition certificate signed by Dyson Heppell and Ben Rutten
  • An entry into the draw to win a heritage guernsey signed by Dyson Heppell and Ben Rutten
  • An additional entry into our Bomber Bonanza $150k Cash prize giveaway (only applicable to members aged 18+)
  • $30 Bomber Shop coupon or Membership Pack
  • Member exclusive 150 year commemorative Membership Card and Medallion

Adult - $150 Concession - $120 Youth - $86 Junior - $53

Alternatively, if you didn’t have anyone in mind that would like to attend the game and don’t want to claim the reserved seat but would still like to be a part of our 150 year celebrations, we also have the 150 Year Celebration Membership Add-on for $50 which includes;

• Your name printed on the Round 13 banner PLUS we’ll remove it after the team has run through for yours to keep
  • Your name printed in the Footy Record for Round 13 including a free copy of the record for you to keep
  • Your name on the Game Day LED during Round 13
  • Exclusive 150 Year Celebration Pin
  • Recognition certificate signed by Dyson Heppell and Ben Rutten
  • An entry into the draw to win a heritage guernsey signed by Dyson Heppell and Ben Rutten
  • An additional entry into our Bomber Bonanza $150k Cash prize giveaway (only applicable to members aged 18+)

If you were interested in any of our 150 Year Celebration Memberships or had any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reply to my email or contacting Member Services on (03) 8340 2000, our phone line is open from 10am-4pm, Monday to Friday , alternatively you are welcome to provide me with a time that best suits you and I will be more than happy to contact you via phone.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards and Go Bombers!"

My favourite bit was him hoping how he’d find me.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is everything wrong with the club.

2 Likes

The effort of going to the footy (win or lose) was always worth it.

Rushing off after work on a Friday if a Friday night game. The Saturday and Sunday hangovers and days that were a complete write off after a good win the night before. The taxi (which then eventually became the Uber ride $) to the ground when meeting others there or catching public transport as a big group. The atmosphere. The bar. The ■■■■ food that you still paid extortionate prices for just because it’s there and you can. The game was sometimes secondary, especially in the bad years (ha!).

Now? I just can’t be bothered. I don’t want to. I look for excuses not to go when asked. The club have made redundant my whole investment in the thing.

It’s like a bad relationship that is nearing its end. Those last few days/weeks and you’re thinking, Why?

Blitz is great and maintains my investment in the club/team because so many others feel similar.

But I’m reaching the point of no return. Time for a break up.

29 Likes

Isn’t it tho? Totally fkng time deaf more worried about bums on seats than anything else.

The club exists dolly to maximise a buck. People don’t matter anymore.

It’s like they want to make your mind up for you.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m out.
No more.
This club is even worse OFF the field than ON it.
I’m done.

6 Likes