Fark carlton (Part 1)

Far, far, far worse.
To the power 100000000000000…

2 Likes

If I were ever to feel even an iota for sympathy for Fark Carlton at any point in my life, I just have to recall the humiliation of walking out of that game, their rabid, feral supporters yelling and spitting at us through the cyclone fence at the g, and the ■■■■ I endured at work for the next week… and those sympathetic thoughts evaporate completely.
Fark them and the horse they rode in on…

2 Likes

More scrunched than folded, but as long as the final destination is the same

I got home yesterday after a crap day at work, turned on Foxtel an it was on fox footy with north smashing Carlton replay. It instantly made me smile. Suddenly I was feeling good an forgot about the crap day at work.

1 Like

The 99 Prelim was worse than horrific.

Like a car crash, it happenend in slow motion, you knew late in the last quarter things were going to end badly, our players were starting to panic as the clock wound down.

The Blues still get mileage out of it. Their losing effort the week later has been airbrushed from history.

3 Likes

It was a shocking event in football terms for us Bombers. It’s hard to describe how devastating it was. Deep scar. Cost us a flag without doubt in my mind.

2 Likes

I think 2001 was worse.
Fark Carlton didn’t’ go on to win the flag in 1999 final. That would have made it unbearable.

We bounced back in 2000 to have the most amazing season. We thumped Fark Carlton in the 2000 preliminary final on our way to win the flag.

2001 - we lost (and the contrast in emotions between those two finals is massive) and haven’t won one since, or looked close.

1 Like

I feel similarly, 1990 was the worst day I’ve ever had at the football. Unsurpassable and thoroughly ■■■■■■■ depressing. A 40 something year hoodoo was broken, we never heard the end of it from probably the league’s most egotistical and self obsessed supporter base, a punchline was even made about it.

I could however be just making all of the above up because, 1990 never happened. :wink:

EDIT. The awesomeness of 1993 completely eclipses how bad 99 was for mine.

In ‘99 I was confident we’d make the GF & back in those days you had to book a flight more than 7 days in advance to get a reasonable deal
Before Virgin / Jetstar it was Impulse airlines
I had to book flight to Melbourne for the granny before the 99 loss to the scum so when Mercs missed that sitter I smashed the remote against the wall and went out on an all night bender with a mate
Even worse I still had to fly to Melbourne & had a GF BBQ with friends at Clifton Hill (he is a Hawks / she was North so she was happy)

I don’t know we’d have won the flag had we made it in ‘96 but we handed North their ‘99 flag by losing to the Scum which will burn inside forever
Sure it fired the team up to win the 2000 flag but a three peat went begging for sure

1999 was absolutely the worst day ive ever had at the football not even being there in 01 topped that for shitness. There have been plenty of ■■■■ carlton games that have felt better than 99 was ■■■■. But by far that was the worst day was 13 left the game in tears and every one of those ■■■■■■■ apes chirping as i walked past.

■■■■ carlton absolute ■■■■ them

1 Like

I love the unbridled, raw hatred for ■■■■ carlton in here. I despise pies and hawks but the depth of my hatred for the skidmarks of society and their inbred, window-licking fans borders on certifiable.
I hope the club finish 2nd last (so they don’t even experience the fleeting hope a no.1 draft pick would bring) for every year until they get moved to PNG in an attempt to expand the game and then the locals cannibalise them for being so crap. The locals would then have to lick their own arses to get the bad taste out of their mouths.

FARK carlton.

1 Like

Was there as a young fella, one of my first games I ever attended. I’ll never forget jumping up and down like a lunatic when Scotty sunk those scum bags

Was this the match were Parkin chucked up in the box at the end of the game? Because there was a match were there was a small kid in front of us, a Fark Carlton supporter, who was cheering like all bat sh_it for Fark Carlton. And then Essendon just got the win - I reckon it was this game. Anyway mate and I were cheering away and we look over and the kid’s had a massive chuck from the distress and loss. Tears and screams and his father is having to try and deal with it. Ahhh pssed myself laughing at them. That was a great win.

3 Likes

I pretty much expected to lose in 2001.

Brisbane were playing better than us at the end of the year.
We’d played the prelim in very warm conditions.
They played at night.
Hird and Mercuri should never have played.

In 1999, we threw it away through arrogance

We had a shocking first half, but then went 15 points up halfway through the third, then Lloyd, Fletcher and Rioli missed 3 very straightforward shots in a row which would have buried them. They got a couple of goals back late in the third.
Whitnall and Hamill nailed shots from outside 50 and Koutoufides had a blinder.
Caracella missed three sitters and Mercuri missed that late shot in the goalsquare. Alessio had a mare. ■■■■■■ Italians!

9 Likes

For my it’s their fans that push them over the edge for me. Biggest bunch of detestable ■■■■■ in football

3 Likes

100% if even 2 of those go through we go 5 goals up and they’re ■■■■■■

And then to top it all off Sheeds goes & recruits that fkwit Justin Murphy who’ll be remembered for throwing the ball in the air when the siren went
I had the displeasure of meeting him a year or so after he joined us at a preseason game @ North Sydney Oval vs Shitney
He was an arrogant prick to a few kids who wanted an autograph so I said to him “wish you’d stayed at that shitstain club”
I think I still hated him for 99 but pretty much anyone who played for them should never be allowed to wear our sash
Hate them with a vengeance

the 2000 team was never the same after the comeback vs North, they had nothing left to prove after then

That game is the best game of football i’ve seen, JJ is absolute beast for 4 long qtrs, what a match.

Anyway what were we talking bout, oh yeah, fark carlton

4 Likes

Ahhh yes, I remember being at 99 - seeing grown EFC supporters in tears.

Tough day

Stop talking about 99 you idiots

10 Likes