Fark carlton (Part 1)

Surely there must be some at Carlton who are questioning the list management decisions in the Silvagni era and prior. Too focussed on GWS rejects, absolutely decimated the list, averaging 12 changes a year for 3 years, and still sitting on the bottom.

I think it was always going to happen. Supporters have an idea/hope that rebuilds happen quickly, they don’t.

Blues keep losing senior players via trade/injury and replacing with more kids. They tried to bring in Stewart, Smith & Saad but good players from other clubs in the 20-24 age bracket averse to come given list demographic. So they left with those no clubs really want Matt Kennedy & Darcy Lang.

They also tried to get Rockliff knowing Gibbs was going but couldn’t.

And they will lose more experienced players and bottom out more before rising again. Simpson, Thomas & Murphy are all 30+ so be gone soon also.

From the coach…

“Here are some simple facts for you: three years ago, when we started the rebuild, we were averaging about four guys from 18-21 years of age.

“In the second year of this rebuild it jumped to six. This year it’s around nine or 10 guys.

“So we’ve increased our talent through the draft but dropped significantly in age and experience. Hence you’re seeing a little bit of what’s happening now.”

It will be pain for them for a while yet which is great to see. But eventually it will turn. Although hopefully while they keep losing their class young kids get picked off along the way

Fark Carlton.

2 Likes

Bolton is bang on, but it’s a problem of their own making.

I pointed out in his first year that their rebuild had barely begun and their decent results were a mirage. I think it was a poor way to start a rebuild.

I was excoriated by the “winning culture” brigade.

Seriously, people on here think Woosha has given games to plodders- the boy wonder Bolton played DENIS ARMFIELD for a season.

I think Carlton’s current struggle shows what an amazing job Woosha has done to reshape our list demographic

Spot on.

would jack silvagni be getting a game if his dad wasnt supreme overlord at that pissant club?

2 Likes

I thought he showed a bit last year, he couldn’t get near it last night tho

I like how he has gone around it. I can’t remember if he brought in a player over 25yrs of age.

AFL dont like it as one of their money maker clubs has been too long on the bottom of the ladder but tough luck. Rebuilds take years.

It’d be pretty tough being a fwd at the Blues

Their poor ball movement and turnovers = no fluency

And when they eventually do kick it forward it will be to the long key position targets not to Silvagni.

SOS = Supreme Overlord of ■■■■

like it or not, the more they lose this year, the more we are going to have to start barracking for them to get a win soon.
because you know without a shadow of a doubt, if they rock up to our game with them without a win, they will roll us.

1 Like

Essendon hit rock bottom!

Read it in 2 weeks time.

1 Like

No point having 20 kids on the list of half aren’t any good. However at least he is playing them to see how they cope at AFL level

I can’t help feeling they are not as bad as their scorelines suggest. I can see what they are trying to do. I gotta say - I’m not convinced we will beat them.

Armfield had a number of solid seasons (2016, 2012-13) and was superior to some of the dross we have carried over the last 15 years. To show you how much we overrate our guys, Armfield’s best years were as good or better than Tippa’s best season to date playing similar roles (small pressure forwards).

1 Like

Carlton are not far off a win. A Round 8 win is a certainty.

2 Likes

Rolled gold certainty - they’ll play that awful defensive style we can’t hack, they’ll kick 10-11 goals and we’ll manage 9 or so. It’s so obvious that you can feel that horrible sense of foreboding a fortnight in advance.

2 Likes

Guaranteed.

1 Like

By now other teams have worked out how to beat us. Carlton will just use the short kicking keepings off game they used in the past, adjusted with bits of the collingwood and dogs methods.
All we can hope is all our players regain form and desire, then we should wipe them out which is what we should do on paper.

So, if they were aiming for a 2022 Flag (which would be the earliest you would think), how many pieces are left to fill in ?

This is what I think from my limited knowledge of their list.
I have included the ages of the players as at GF time 2022…

B. ??? Weitering (24y9m) ???
HB. Docherty (28y9m) ??? Marchbank (25y9m)
C. Dow (22y11m) ??? SPS (24y7m)
HF. ??? Curnow (25y7m) ???
F. ??? McKay (24y9m) ???
Foll. ??? Cripps (27y6m) ???
Int. Silvagni (24y9m) Kennedy (25y5m) Fisher (24y3m) Lang (26y10m)

I don’t rate Pickett.
I think he’s a little slow for his position.
Not sure about their other youngsters.
Nonetheless, plenty of gaps to fill.

You forgot to add some #1 and #2 draft picks in there plus the plethora they raid from GWS in the age bracket