Fark carlton (Part 1)

That deal also got them a pick between 10-15 this year as well, depending on where Adelaide finish. People seemingly forget that too.

There is no way they should be rewarded with a compensation pick in the first round. End of first, maybe.

I like the idea of providing clubs with opportunities to list ready-made VFL/SANFL talent too

2 Likes

still… St Kilda has everyone covered. That really is stupidly bad. If they ever get termites their history will be wiped out.

1 Like

Two in the last thirty years.
Amateurs.

1 Like

A very good mate of mine tells me half his footy club spent a big “saturday night” out with R Palmer, which ended up with a “aahhh brendon I can’t train I’m a bit sick” phone call, about half an hour into monday training.

Really added a lot of leadership and experience.

1 Like

The AFL let Fark Carlton and Gold Coast do this last year. They will probably give them the chance to do the same again this year. Issue is this pool will be a lot more diluted after last year and the mid season draft.

1 Like

Is that his Saturday night ended 30mins after training was meant to start on Monday? Fair session.

I know, it’s a self quote. However it saves me typing out exactly the same thing to describe my feelings:

3 Likes

Yes.

With about 25 “drunk” blokes ■■■■■■■ themselves laughing in the background.

EDIT: sorry, no. That was not the end of the weekend.

Didnt fark Carlton abuse the pick by trading it to a S.A club?

The point is that they largely went to the draft and took younger re-tree guys, rather than getting in middle aged spuds.

Even the second hand players they did trade for are mostly all still young (say 20-22). Though basically none of those have worked out because SOS is fkn hopeless (and it was obviously a sh/t strategy).

He didn’t do what Carlton have done in the past which is to trade for middle aged rejects from other clubs. That was the point.

They have been bad in some games this year but have lost quite a few by less than two kicks I think. They could easily be three/four wins.

They traded their picks out which from memory, helped them with McGovern. I don’t mind that clubs choose to do that. The AFL should be allowed to help out struggling clubs to an extent. If clubs want to ■■■■ away their opportunity then that is on them to wear.

That point’s pretty meaningless when you are taking as many retreads as new players.

And they shouldn’t have done that, absolutely. To what extent you can blame Bolton for that I’m not sure though. At most clubs these days the coach has an input into those decisions but ultimately they are the responsibility of The List Manager (apologies, Plough)

I think it’s easiest to say the recruiting is up to the recruiter, for better or worse.

The Cloke principle could be in play here. Draft two ■■■■ kickers and get the decent third.

Two.
Hawks and GC.

If they went 50-50 in those games they’d still probably be bottom.

1 Like

Hah - I was thinking of posting that exact thing last night!

BTW, all those haters dreaming about Woosh getting the R’s need to look at how the FC players played against us, and compare that to how our guys play.

When/ If you see our boys with heads down not Giving AF like that, … that’s what it looks like when a Coach has lost them, and they don’t want him there anymore.

Latest word from inside the group is that our guys are the exact opposite of that. That the playing group know exactly what the plan is, see it panning out, and we have 100% buy in, … so keep on dreamin’.

5 Likes

They’d still be bottom, but I think Bolton would still have a job at this stage

If you were a new coach you probably wouldn’t want to be going to Blues without some kind of Roos/Goodwin handover.

Because they still have a 2-3 years of pain ahead of them with older players going / waiting for young players to be able to competently deliver onfield

And frankly Blues & the AFL for that matter probably can’t afford not to have that scenario with senior credible coach take over firstly

Would also help them attract players to club

1 Like