Fark carlton (Part 1)

1 Like

Fair bit in hindsight

This was the McGovern trade:

“The Crows receive pick No. 13, a future fifth-round selection from Carlton and highly-rated Sturt forward Shane McAdam, who the Blues were able to claim as one of their mature-aged pre-draft access picks.

“Carlton gains McGovern and a future third-round selection from Adelaide, while Sydney receives selections No. 26 and 28 from the Blues as well as No. 40 from the Crows.”

So Fark Carlton gave up 2 second rounders, a future 5th rounder and access to a mature ager Shane McAdam to get McGovern.

Makes sense they gave up second round picks given SOS thinks the draft only consists of one round.

5 Likes

Did Silvagni know which McGovern he was buying?

10 Likes

Hahaha, beginning to think he’s been shafted

Another example of “teh kids” @SMJ

SOS’s recruiting is all about the first round or a name. The only other players he will look at have some sort of GWS connection. Any wonder he has farked Fark Carlton.

I could be reading this wrong, but if carlton hadn’t got McGovern, they would of had pick 13?

that’s insanity to do that deal from Carltons point of view

3 Likes

At the time I thought it was madness for a 3rd string forward who had a decent game once every 6. Can take a big grab and that’s about it. On huge money too if memory serves me correctly

3 Likes

When you look at it like that it’s a horrible trade thus far. Some decent types went around 13 in last year’s draft. I suspect they also had the issue of having to find someone to pay decent money to so they could meet the minimum salary cap requirements.

1 Like

Could you please explain Albert_Thurgood. Would appreciate your knowledge on this. I remember someone posting on BB that if we would go that far back we would have more premierships than Fark Carlton.

This^

NO.

Just fkn NO

pp

4 Likes

Children children
Future future
Are you ready for the children ho ho ho
The future is a-comin hey hey hey

1 Like

The issue is that a lot of the early premierships credited to Fark Carlton were before a formal competition existed. From below my understanding is that a formal and organised competiton started in the late 1870s.

2 Likes

Fair chance SOS tries to trade in Leon Cameron as coach given his List Management strategy.

5 Likes

These ■■■■■ have had enough good draft picks and they’re still a pile of ■■■■, give them access to some state league plodders. They don’t deserve any extra picks. They had pick 1 but decided to trade it. Bad luck you ■■■■■■■ dickheads

4 Likes

We beat them without Shiel too.

2 Likes

Leon cameron seems to have got them going somewhere. And GWS only other coach was… looks like we’ll have a first rounder after all.

So if Scott left to coach Fark Carlton, he never really left.

2 Likes

Quality.

1 Like