Father Son Watch (2017 onwards)

I doubt it

Hurley is almost irrelevant at the moment.

Alessio and Misiti hopefully get added to the VfL list next year if they don’t get drafted.

There seemed to be a theme where all the boys were feeding Heppell possession early.

He is one l want. If Alwym Jr. takes up the points from our second round pick, l would trade next year’s second round pick to get Munkara this year.

2 Likes

They’ll keep the NGA inside 40 rule this year, I’ll bet a lot next year it’s back to 20.

3 Likes

Come on Alwyn, nominate Essendon as a father/son.

22 Likes

Anyone got the live stream?

Yep. You can access it on the AFL website.

Davey had some really good patches in today’s game. Barely wasted a disposal and did well to draw defenders before dishing out to running team mates. Chases hard, too. He’s a classy kid. Was also quiet for chunks of the game, though.

If I had to guess, I’d say 12-15 disposals, maybe? No goals.

3 Likes

What position did they play him?

I’m pretty sure he started HF/Wing. Played mostly on the ball in the second qtr (looked at his best there), then rotating through mid/wing/hf for the 2nd half.

3 Likes

Im getting the feeling that Davey might end up best as an on baller. Burgoyne did well in the middle…

We can only dream

I haven’t/didn’t watch the game, but it’s feeling to me like Davey will go outside the top 20. I can’t remember a player being picked too high who routinely gets 10-15 possies playing midfield no matter how classy and upside. Plus club-linked players usually get taken a touch later than they might otherwise. So maybe drift out to 25 or so.

Is that a fair assessment?

If he slipped past our second pick it would be a huge bonus.

1 Like

can we just play him in our VfL side the rest of the year + school footy.
Oakleigh don’t need him as much as we do.

Normally yes agree, but best on for AIS was Wardlaw who had 15 touches and Ashcroft had 16, so it was a shorter game today and game time shared between a few players

3 Likes

Yeah, possibly. He really is damaging with ball in hand, though. If he can improve his fitness, it would make a big difference to his production IMO. Clubs might see that as a relatively easy fix.

1 Like

That’s a good point. There were a lot of players to roll through the midfield today.

Based on today his issue is going to be fitness and/or running patterns. Looks by far his best in the centre bounce where he’s near the ball and it’s all reaction, touch and explosive movement.

Once he needs to spread or create options he’s nowhere near it. Doesn’t get any easy ball at all. Just finds himself consistently in the wrong position to receive when his team is in possession, and therefore doesn’t receive the ball very often at all.

Having said that, he’s a little jet in and around the stoppage. Clean, creative and all silk. With a smattering of hardness too

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeqZmcmJBln/?igshid=ZjhmMmE0MjU=

19 Likes