Father Son Watch (2017 onwards)

I can try and find out

1 Like

thanks mate, would be a shame if he has

Team sheet might have been playing funny buggers, is apparently only 168cm :joy:

4 Likes

Connor Weidemann from Rupanyup was one of the names I was hoping to see.

Henry Bensch from Hamilton College was another I heard plays football, but he has a real cricket future too as a bowling all-rounder. Took 6/6 off 11.5 in a semi-final. I think he’s taken 28 at 7 in the senior comp at age 16. Captained their team in the Sungold T20 comp (open age).

Weidemann is quite a bit taller, maybe 190-192 cm.

1 Like

If the younger Davey has done an ACL, that’s 3 between the 3 brothers and none are older than 19.

I remember with the Menzel brothers both did a few and they said it can be a genetic issue.

Hope not the case for the daveys.

3 Likes

Hopefully the weakness is carried on the Y chromosome.

Both Alwyn (the father not the son!) and his sister Bronwyn have done ACLs too.

2 Likes

No LIKE for you!

Jesus.

We just can’t have good things.

Hopefully Munkara has strong limbs

And supple joints.

WHat? So that all of them will be affected, and their sons???

Better to be on X so only 50% chance of transmission to sons (and presumbaly much less to daughters)

You got that last bit backwards: XX is female, XY is male.

Which also ruined the reading of what I was saying, given people still freak out over my focus of recent years.

1 Like

I asked Jayden at training yesterday and he confirmed Alijah has done his ACL :frowning_face:

6 Likes

Someone better wrap Alwyn up in cotton wool and bubble wrap from now on.
The family history is horrible with injury and makes me very nervous :grimacing:

2 Likes

Port have a few father sons incoming.

I don’t think you should try to lecture me on human genetics. :wink:

Of course XX is female, so a female carrier would have 50 percent chance of transmission to sons.

An affected male with the X-linked gene would of course not pass it on to his sons.

If, as you advocate, it was Y linked then every son of an affected father would also be affected.

1 Like

LOL. After two weeks you’re still missing my actual point (yeah yeah, I know this is the “father son” thread).

Was your “actual point” to avoid daughters to be affected? If so, assuming X linked recessive in my post, both the father has to be affected and the mother has to be a carrier. That is why X linked diseases are rarer in females. (Also just for the record, it didn’t take me two weeks to think of this, just to visit this thread again)

1 Like

I agree with Scientific analysis but is that a thing anymore. WOKE joke.
■■■■■ me no end. Sorry to stray.
Back to your point. Grandfather on mums side was bald. I am now. He was big so am I. Different to my father’s side.
Anything in that? Genuine question.