Father Son Watch (2017 onwards)

Come from behind win? Sign him up!

1 Like

Think we should take him as a rookie, I wouldn’t say he is banging the door down and he doesn’t get a few easy goals.

3 Likes

More importantly, what’s his wingspan like?

And when will we get to see this ‘haha’?

It’s worth noting Mason Fletcher has spent most of the back half of the year playing forward for Calder. He’s kicking goals too, had a bag of 4 a few weeks back vs Dandenong, and seems to be getting about 2 a game. As I write this he’s kicked 2 against tassie just up to half time in the wildcard round.

Needs work and size but I’m finding it interesting that this has happened? Essendon directive perhaps? We do need to be developing forwards.

7 Likes

More importantly can he ruck and does he like jobbing Carr brothers?

3 Likes

“Look, Mason’s an exciting talent, and a fantastic young man. Comes from a great family, obviously. He spent most of last year in defense, but has shown this year as a 19 year old that he can kick goals up forward. With his kicking skills and speed we think he could end up playing on a wing, or even push up the ground as a tall mid once he puts on some weight.” - Adrian Dodoro, November 24th 2019, probably.

13 Likes

I’m surprised he hasn’t been given a run as 23rd man in the VFL.

Yep! Word for word.

Maybe throw in there, “we actually rated him in the top 20 players for talent in this draft”

2 Likes

He’s still got a ways to go

Fletcher has been training with us a lot lately. He’s a beautiful kick. I guess they must be giving him a lot of consideration if he’s training with us so much both pre-season and now.

6 Likes

What are his interview skills like?

Can he spell “Gatorade” backwards?

3 Likes

Mason has kicked 14 goals in the last 6 games for Calder

Sits 11th in the Nab League for goals aswell which is pretty good considering he started the year in defence

19 Likes

Do you think he’s any chance of getting drafted this year?

What is Max doing these days and how old is he?

will might have to pick him up in the main draft if he keeps that up.
Has NAB league finished now?
finals?
got to remember he is a overager i guess.

Nah still a rookie prospect, he will be playing finals this weekend and I’ll be attending aswell

Yes as a rookie for us, I see no harm in taking him. At the least he will spend a year with our VFL side next year

Max hasn’t been able to get a game and if he was it would most likely be at Masons expense haha

I think Max’s draft year is 2020.

2 Likes

I’m hearing great things about Michael Prior’s son. Shame he isn’t eligible.

He reminds me of David Myers although I’ve seen him mostly play down back where as he has played more midfield at 18s level