Father Son Watch (2017 onwards)

Can’t wait for the next era of baby bombers, " Children of the Banned"

Can't wait for the next era of baby bombers, " Children of the Banned"

The family banned

The BETA children.

Test tube baby bombers.

Not sure if he’s a F/S prospect or not but saw this on Twitter

Geez, we haven’t even drafted him yet and Melbourne are already trying to bribe him with awards.

Not sure if he's a F/S prospect or not but saw this on Twitter

https://twitter.com/caseyscorpions/status/781454345460035584

Is there a use-by date on F/S picks? Would we have any interest?

Not sure if he's a F/S prospect or not but saw this on Twitter

https://twitter.com/caseyscorpions/status/781454345460035584

Is there a use-by date on F/S picks? Would we have any interest?

We can nominate Father-Son’s as over age players.

You do realise it was the VFL 2nds BnF

hows that young Howlett going, made an impact yet

So 3 Hird boys. One will have to make it right? Tom isnt to far away

First update to the top post in a loooong time. Nothing very interesting has been happening this year. Jydon Neagle the standout performer. Mason Fletcher earned a try-out with the Cannons for next year as an underager, though Jaxon Neagle didn’t score one with the Bushrangers.

As mentioned several times in this thread, I intend to give the Hird kids as much space as possible, and will not be discussing any of them here until/unless they start getting coverage in the media as likely f/s prospects.

Hasn’t Mason Fletcher been a year away from draft age for about 6 years?

Hasn't Mason Fletcher been a year away from draft age for about 6 years?

Similar to how long his old man was a year away from retirement

Humble Minion is it worth trying to get Jydon Neagle, Todd Vander Haar, and Jett Bewick into the Essendon VFL system next year?

Humble Minion is it worth trying to get Jydon Neagle, Todd Vander Haar, and Jett Bewick into the Essendon VFL system next year?

I am humble and a minion so I’ll answer your question.

I reckon if they are even depth vfl players why wouldn’t you. they can help out the club at vfl level and if they show something we can have first crack at them as father sons. Absolutely nothing to lose unless they are morons off the field.

Neagle was on our vfl list this year before he decided to go back to Wodonga instead. He had a great year and probably should give a state league a go, but I’m just not sure whether he’d want to come back or whether we’d want him if he did. As a neagle he’d get a certain amount if special consideration, but in general choosing to play local footy when you have a vfl spot on offer means you won’t be offered that vfl spot again. It’s kinda viewed as someone saying they’re not really interested in working hard on their footy, and means lines get drawn through names. As I said, jydons circumstances may mean he gets more leeway, and I don’t know what his motivations were in leaving. Talent wise, probably worth it if he’s gotten his engine up to scratch, just don’t know about the other factors.

I haven’t seen the other two play, to be honest. Bewick tried out for the vfl squad this year but didn’t quite make it, then had a forgettable season in a truly dire edfl side do its hard to judge. Vander Haar might be a possibility, it’s hard to tell. Often a vfl 2s B&F just means that you’re the guy who never got promoted to play vfl ones…

1 Like
Hasn't Mason Fletcher been a year away from draft age for about 6 years?

Similar to how long his old man was a year away from retirement

After all, Fletcher’s have the ability to stop time in more ways than one.

Shouldn’t this be stickied?

1 Like

TAC Cup sides released today. Mason Fletcher named as an underager for the Cannons, listed at 197cm and 75kg. Dustin’s cooking needs some work, obviously. Feed the kid meat, fletch!

Will update the top post over the next few weeks, once junior leagues start and i can track some of the kids down…

6 Likes