Father Son Watch (2017 onwards)

Calder Cannons game was streamed today and Fletcher was playing. I missed the first quarter, but saw the rest. It was apparently what they call a “future round” which seems to mean “the champs are on so play more bottom agers”.

Not much happened in the 2nd or 3rd quarterin terms of direct involvement, the ball just didn’t go near him and his opponent. He was noticeably directing traffic at the defensive stoppages and doing some nice blocking and so forth. It’s almost like he might have some sort of extra education about defensive structures at some point.

First half of the last quarter he played up forward, and kicked a nice goal while being tackled which was reminiscent of one of Joe’s earlier in the year (I’ll gif it up at some point). Took a very nice pack mark a couple of minutes later on the wing, then 30 seconds tried to take a mark so unrealistic even Joe would have said “ease up, mate”.

Finished up the game taking a couple of centre bounces in the ruck, which I suppose is just what happens when you’re tall in the TAC Cup.

9 Likes

Baby Fletch goal

22 Likes

Dusty was always renowned for his coordination at the extremities of his reach, think inspector gadget arms and the unfortunate reflex ability to deftly stop players with his feet (also known as tripping). Seems to have inherited this trait, which for a tall young man is no bad thing (minus the tripping free kicks/suspensions).

1 Like

It’s like watching 1993 Fletch run around again, abliet at the other end of the ground.

So just a lucky kick then.

I love this thread.

2 Likes

I am really, really behind on this thread. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Will try to catch it up on the weekend. In the meantime, Jaxon Neagle is in the initial training squad for next year’s Murray Bushrangers side.

12 Likes

Good news. If we use the rule that each subsequent Neagle was truly ‘the gun one’, then Jaxom will be #1 pick!

2 Likes

Go back and take the shot, Jaxon.

3 Likes

Does that mean much/anything?

It’s a first step only. Next step, to make the final squad, then make the round 1 team. But if you’re not making the TAC Cup squad in your 18yo year, you’re simply not getting drafted that year.

1 Like

Thanks. Is this training squad to select the squad for his 17 or 18 yo year?

18yo. He’s 17 now.

1 Like

Jaxon Neagle in the Bushrangers training squad
http://websites.sportstg.com/club_info.cgi?client=1-3020-111726-0-0&sID=56108&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=60179511

Even though they have spelled his name wrong.

1 Like

Some good players for Murray this year in Zane Barzen and Hudson Garoni. I got to a few pre-season games for Murray last year so hopefully I’ll be able to see abit of Jaxon before the TAC season starts

3 Likes

Not exactly Father Son but another Parish to look out for this year. Finlay Parish is eligible for this years draft

From the Colac Herald 31-7-15

Winchelsea’s Parish family, from left, dad Glen, Finlay, 14, Darcy, 18, Indy, 12, Ange and Cassidy, 16. Finlay, Darcy and Cassidy have all won national football titles while representing the state this season.

1 Like

Forehead city.

3 Likes

Some people see foreheads, some people see footy talent.

1 Like