Father Son Watch (2017 onwards)

Classic.

1 Like

Both Neagle and Fletcher went to screenings, and I think you only get invited to those if you’ve nominated.

1 Like

You get invited if at least 2 clubs want to have a look at you.

2 Likes

Matt Neagle looked very good in the highlights clip that was posted.

Looked less good in the one where his arm was facing the wrong way. I hope he has recovered OK.

Could be a prospect.

1 Like

I don’t think either of them tested though due to injuries?

1 Like

Screening are interviews etc as well as physical testing.

1 Like

Dodgy groins

2 Likes

I posted on here a little while ago that I know at least 2 recruiters and talent scouts aswell as a couple from the SA junior program who rate Mason as the best kick in the draft. He would need to improve in many other areas which will prevent him going earlier in the draft but definitely worth a gamble by us

22 Likes

Points from our next pick after that will be used as well. If there are no more points left, they come from the next years draft.

His short kicking action is sublime, doesn’t get a lot of it but rarely wastes it when he has the ball.

3 Likes

True. Hopefully they told SOS to Fark off

How does his athleticism compare to his old man’s?

And hopefully the kicking is shared by his little brother who is a smaller type isn’t he?

Hard to say with athleticism, I’ve seen him only a handful of times.

I haven’t seen Max so I couldn’t say if his kicking is as good

1 Like

Re Fletcher.
I guess we could pass with our last pick and see if anyone bids then pick someone else.
Or just pick him with our last pick in the draft.

Maybe that’s why media said we might be delisting Baguley and rookieing him.
Free up a list spot kind of.

1 Like

With moving Bags to the rookie list our last pick is now 88. Maybe the last live pick. Good odds we can wait to see if anyone bids and if not take him in the rookie draft as s fifth rookie.

3 Likes

Quite possibly the best post I’ve ever seen on blitz. Outstanding!

I’m predicting we will forfeit a list spot, for an extra rookie selection.

So this gives us 2 options;

1. we still have the option of matching a father-son bid for Neagle or Fletcher if another club bids on them, after we’ve ‘passed’.

2. if we expand our rookie list, we’ll have the option of upgrading our best Rookie to the senior list prior to the season starting.

on (1) I’m not sure if that is allowed, on (2) you don’t need to do that as all Cat A rookies can pla6 anytime.

It’s kind of a stupid oversight. You take your last pick at like 90 with the intention of picking a F/S up at the back end of the rookie draft, then some idiot club takes them with pick 121 the last pick of the draft and you’re snookered? Please…

It’s not an oversight, it’s deliberate.

Main list players have a better contract deal than rookie listed players. More job security, fewer hurdles to playing seniors early, etc etc. The idea is that if the f/s side isn’t willing to offer the kid that, then they don’t get any protection if some other side chooses to.

1 Like