Father Son Watch (2017 onwards)

Bigus Dickus?

Soooo who is Daniel Hanna that people keep talking about?

An academy player of ours. A tall back with a good intercept mark. Rookie range option who we may be able to add to the Cat B list if nobody drafts him.

Can Matty Neagle go to the Swans if he wants to?.

Nup, only played 56 for them, doesn’t qualify

1 Like

Matty Neagle has the kicking style of his father ,but the rubber body and ball gathering skills of a Wanganeen especially with that number 4 on his back…Would be a nice get me thinks !!!

10 Likes

Get and keep😉

I watch Matt play, and I see his dad. I’d love it if we took him.

8 Likes

That highlights package looked very good. I hope we pick him up too. The kid can play.

2 Likes

Agree there is a fair bit of Merv in that highlights clip. Wonderful player he was. I hope his boy gets an opportunity with us.

1 Like

Some of his Dad, but more like Wanganeen. I love guys who keep running and demand the ball.

4 Likes

That’s the most impressive thing for mine.
The way he stays in the contest.
And stays a bit more.
And then follows the ball to provide an option.

It’s a mindset thing, that your contribution to the play isn’t over when you get the disposal or your opponent gets it.

I don’t know how good he’ll be, or even if he’ll make the top level, but that aspect…that’s as good as I’ve ever seen in a player, and I’m not just talking about juniors.

8 Likes

On the Sash podcast, Callum Twomey said Fletcher has developed stress fractures in his back and has stopped playing for the year. Can’t test and now unlikely to be drafted. Will either be a rookie or passed over until next year.

1 Like

Oh ■■■■, that’s not good at such a young age.

Ridley went through the same thing. If they caught it early it shouldn’t be an issue. Fingers crossed for the kid.

I forget: was that the reason he stopped playing months ago, or is it a new separate ailment?

The back stress fractures thing was why he stopped playing early in the season. Dunno if Cal is talking about a new/recurring injury or the same one though.

1 Like

All else being equal, having Leuy retire probably helps the odds of taking one or both of Neagle and Fletcher compared to previous. The more later picks, the more likely we are to take a punt.

That said, if nobody is taking Fletcher, there is no reason we can’t pick him up next year. Although if he shows a lot he wouldn’t be as cheap (but still with a discount), you also might avoid the situation we’ve seen with a number of F/S selections who got taken, stayed on the list, didn’t do much. So swings and roundabouts.

Fletch certainly won’t be playing next year, so I’d be quite happy for him to have another year in the TAC and grab him next year.
Though you’d spew if he dominated and you had to use a 2nd round pick or something.

Though the risk would have been removed a fair bit…

If you like them, your not going to keep them for a season and then flick them. So give them a spot on the main list. the cash difference isn’t that huge anyway.