Father Son Watch (2017 onwards)

I thought it was this season that young Fletch had his back issues. Next year too?

On the Fletch Jr thing, it really comes down to what we think will be best for his development. I say get him into our system, get him the best docs, get him learning with the rest of the young guys.

5 Likes

Could always bring him into our system via the VFL, he was always going to take a lot of time to develop, even before his injuries.

I’d bring him in now, as a rookie and get him into a professional system. He’s a long term project.

2 Likes

If Sheedy was running the show you’d be thinking this was a ruse to get Mason as cheap as possible.

But if Mason has shown some signs that he could have what it takes to maybe make it at AFL (yep, I know, lots of ifs there) then a rookie spot now sounds fine. You obviously want all picks to be on someone who has some level of making it, but we are at the margins here. The team’s ultimate success should not depend on whether you get your 1st or 2nd rookie pick correct. It’s in the bonus area, if they end up good or really good.

1 Like

Depends what prognosis is next year. If he isn’t playing anywhere next year due to injury we could pick him up next year. No reason he can’t use club resources in the meantime

4 Likes

A few comments about our Tiwi Academy by our NGA coordinator, says he is looking forward to seeing some of the boys getting picked up over the next few years

Includes that highlight from Adam Tipungwuti.

4 Likes

Is Tipungwuti under our NGA?
He was previously in the Brisbane one…

Definitely would, though. Rookie the hell out of him.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s something modern junior coaching does well, TBH.

Have they been doing the “1-2-3-Bombers” huddle dispersion chant before the past year?

Women did it this year.

No idea, but it’s up there with the “Essendon clap clap clap” for cringe.

They have been known as the Bombers for a decade know though, so probably.

As long as no-one’s going, ‘Let’s go, Bombers, let’s go!’ clap clap
…then I’ll forgive pretty much anything.

I remember Bruce Eva (Beaver) going ape droppings over the St Kilda fans with their “let’s go Sainters, let’s go”. And he is a mad St Kilda fan.

1 Like

And rightly so.

Picks we cant afford to use

Get him now while he is cheap

3 Likes

He’s going get better as a fulltime footballer, with state of the art facilities, better quality team mates, better access to coaches, playing at a high quality level of football.

2 Likes

Take him now cause his value is at an all time low… It cant get cheaper than right now.

Plus we will probably have the Davie twins to try grab next year dont we?

I think they’re 2020, maybe 2021.

Well it will be an interesting time. Tex Wanganeen is their age also

1 Like