Father Son Watch (2017 onwards)

Pretty sure I remember reading/hearing that there was. Along the lines of no bidding after round 4/5.

2 Likes

Get a mirror

3 Likes

Combine height for Mason Fletcher is 200cm

4 Likes

Any kicking test results?

What was his height hunched over?

160cm?

1 Like

Any chance of turning him into a ruckman?

Both Fletcher (back) and Neagle (broken arm) expected to miss combine physical/skills testing or fit again and in it?

Fletcher didn’t test only got his measurements taken, has one of the highest reaches and arm spans no suprise for inspector gadget 2.0

7 Likes

God I loved his dads go go gadget arms. Hopefully his son is the same.

2 Likes

Who did he combine with? They must be pretty small.

7 Likes

When is the father son nomination deadline?

Edit: have we missed out on fletcher and neagle?

Wednesday 31 October 2pm – List Lodgement (1) ; Rookie Promotion to Primary List; Retained 2nd & 3rd Year Rookies; International Scholarship Player; Alternate Talent Player Nominations; Club Notification of Rookie Players Not Accepting a Contract of Offer; Nomination of Draft Eligible Father/Son; Northern Academy, Next Generation Academy Players Lodged; TPP Pre-Season Estimates (1).

But then there is this?:

Friday 16 November – Form Lodgement; Non–Retained Rookie Players Draft Nomination Form Lodgement; Players Not Registered or Played for Three years Rookie List Form Lodgement; New or Expired (after 3 years) Draft Nomination Form Lodgement, AFL Father-Son Bidding Nominations, Final Draft Nomination Form Lodgement

Been plenty of talks all year that Mason might be better off having an over age year at calder, and playing a handful of vfl games as well… Personally I’d prefer that purely because I don’t rate him that highly, and I’d prefer to pick someone else. But in saying that our picks aren’t any good so we probably just take him as a rookie. Long way behind a similar zerk-thatcher

My reading of that is the players must nominate for the draft by then and then bidding happens on the Nov date

2 Likes

Mason isn’t nominating for the draft.

Edit: Just saw this article was posted in the ‘Pick 34’ thread.

3 Likes

Bugger - I was really hoping we were playing possum on this one & Mason would be picked up cheaply only to turn out to be the top prospect he was looking like 12+ months ago.

1 Like

Not surprising really. Given his injuries, maybe he just wants to get his body right.
Couldn’t imagine getting onto and AFL list and being unable to play. Does anyone know what is the best treatment for stress fractures? Is rest one of those?

It may also suggest that we want to take Neagle and are happy to support Mason to be ready for the next draft.

1 Like

Looks like next year for Mason.

I’d be happy with young Neagle this year as a rookie, looks a likely prospect.

2 Likes

So, Neagle this year, Mason next year, Max Fletcher the year after, and then the Davey boys the year after that.

Shut down the drafting threads, looks like we’re sorted for a while…

20 Likes

add in Tom and Alex Hird…

2 Likes