Father Son Watch (2017 onwards)

Who’s on the radar in the next couple years that look like they can play AFL?

Neagle is available next year, he’s not shaping as a top prospect or anything at this stage though.

Dunnell will be looked at this year after his vfl season, in addition to Wallis.

There isn’t anybody the year after as far as I know, unless blokes like van der haar, bewick, or jydon neagle start to show form as overagers after injury-blighted junior careers.

Do we want Tom Fields?
Given we overlooked him multiple times before he was finally picked up by Carlton and has since been delisted by Carlton, one of the worst lists in the league, I'd hazard a guess we don't.
Do we want Tom Fields?
Stop torturing me.

Do we want Tom Fields?

Do we want Tom Fields?

We need a long kicking replacement for Fletch?

What, you don’t think Hurley can roost it?

Not to mention we have Bird now too …

Do we want Tom Fields?

What, you don’t think Hurley can roost it?

Neagle is available next year, he's not shaping as a top prospect or anything at this stage though.

Dunnell will be looked at this year after his vfl season, in addition to Wallis.

There isn’t anybody the year after as far as I know, unless blokes like van der haar, bewick, or jydon neagle start to show form as overagers after injury-blighted junior careers.

I reckon we could get Dunnell as a Rookie as well under father son. If we want him

Question without notice.

I was watching the TAC cup grand final Sunday and had a good luck at Blake Hardwick. Is that Dimma’s boy?

Also watched Todd van Der Haar closely at the VAFA Under 19 Premier grand final a few weeks back. Every inch his old man.

No not related to Damien.

So van Der Haar look good?

Loved his screamer at CHB. Dad personified.

Do we want Tom Fields?

Tom Wallis Calder Cannons most improved.

Tom Wallis Calder Cannons most improved.

And a very close second overall in the b&f.

Shhhhh!

Do we want Tom Fields?

Would rather redraft Jay Neagle.

I believe there’s some sort of father son nomination deadline today. Don’t know why clubs have to indicate they’re interested in FS players given the way the new system works, but they do.

Surely Wallis has Essendon VFL next year written all over him? Then if he goes well enough we draft him following that.

Surely Wallis has Essendon VFL next year written all over him? Then if he goes well enough we draft him following that.

I would have thought FS rookie this year like the did with Long last year

We shouldn’t be sentimental with these things. He is either good enough or he isn’t. If we wouldn’t have been interested in him had he not been Dean’s son, then we should not select him on any list.

Don't think he's shown enough for that. Sounds like a prospect to develop with our VFL side - if he comes on we scoop him up F/S that year.
Don't think he's shown enough for that. Sounds like a prospect to develop with our VFL side - if he comes on we scoop him up F/S that year.

Really? Rookie was about his range, was my judgement from admittedly limited viewing. Showed a lot more this year than Long did last year I thought.

What was your impression the games of his that you watched?