Father Son Watch (2017 onwards)

Little tackers 14 or below, included for completeness: : Tex Wanganeen (son of Gavin, eligible for Port but is doing EFC fundraising videos, so hopefully he'd choose to come here if it comes to brass tacks)

Gav doing the media rounds this week with the dream time guernsey. On SEN Tim asked Gavin about Tex and he non-committally said it’ll be interesting to see what happens there. On FiveAA radio later in the day he said unequivocally Tex would chose Power. Understand that he might give different answers on Melbourne and Adelaide radio. Thought he could have let it go through to the keeper though and he didn’t.

SEN interview
FiveAA interview

Just came here to say the same thing. Guess he didnt know EFC would include the Adelaide interview in their podcast fees.

Nice to hear him back up Jobe re: his Brownlow in the 5AA interview though!

Yep Shattering to hear Tex is a port supporter.
Hopefully Port are a basketcase when he is getting drafted and he chooses Essendon.

Quoted Post
No doubt that Wallis is Deano's son, he's mates with Barnsey's son as well. Apple doesn't fall far from either tree!
That's funny.
JHA - Acceleration Group Player Age Father Tom Wallis 18 Dean Wallis Jett Bewick 18 Darren Bewick Harvey Daniher 17 Chris Daniher Matthew Neagle 17 Merv Neagle

JHA - Next Generation
Player Age Father
Jaxon Neagle 15 Merv Neagle
Mason Fletcher 15 Dustin Fletcher
Rick O’Donnell 14 Gary O’Donnell
Darcy Denham 14 Sean Denham
Kurtis Barnard 14 Paul Barnard
Tom Hird 14 James Hird
Max Fletcher. 14 Dustin Fletcher
Josh Misiti 12 Joe Misiti
Nyawi Moore 12 Nathan Lovett-Murray
Alex Hird 12 James Hird
Tex Wanganeen 11 Gavin Wanganeen
Luca Alessio 11 Steve Alessio

No pressure

Little tackers 14 or below, included for completeness: : Tex Wanganeen (son of Gavin, eligible for Port but is doing EFC fundraising videos, so hopefully he'd choose to come here if it comes to brass tacks)

Gav doing the media rounds this week with the dream time guernsey. On SEN Tim asked Gavin about Tex and he non-committally said it’ll be interesting to see what happens there. On FiveAA radio later in the day he said unequivocally Tex would chose Power. Understand that he might give different answers on Melbourne and Adelaide radio. Thought he could have let it go through to the keeper though and he didn’t.

SEN interview
FiveAA interview

Just came here to say the same thing. Guess he didnt know EFC would include the Adelaide interview in their podcast fees.

Nice to hear him back up Jobe re: his Brownlow in the 5AA interview though!

Yep Shattering to hear Tex is a port supporter.
Hopefully Port are a basketcase when he is getting drafted and he chooses Essendon.

It would need to be a basket case of tarp covered proportions for port to get anywhere near the mire we are in.
Welcome to port tex.

Where are the Hirds at these days?
Do they play footy? Are they even in the country?
This saga may have cost us even more than it already has

Where are the Hirds at these days? Do they play footy? Are they even in the country? This saga may have cost us even more than it already has

I am aware of where Thomas Hird was playing his footy up until recently. I am not aware of what he’s doing at the moment, and I wouldn’t post it on here if I did.

I mostly try to only talk in very general terms about most of the kids before they hit the under 18s (i was thinking I may have even gone into detail a bit early on Mason Fletcher, actually). Thomas is only 15 this year to the best of my knowledge, which is still too damn young to be going on about a kid on a footy fan website. And given the pressure that the Hird kids have been under over the last few years, I am planning on being even more circumspect with them.

If you know what the Hirds are up to, please don’t tell me or anyone else, and certainly don’t post it here. Leave the poor buggers alone to have some privacy for a bit.

So does anyone know how Jacob Lloyd’s performing in the under 3’s? Only 60cm tall but can he be the answer to our forward structure?

So does anyone know how Jacob Lloyd's performing in the under 3's? Only 60cm tall but can he be the answer to our forward structure?

Currently learning how the toss grass in the air. He’ll develop his skill from there.

I respect your view on privacy for junior players HM.

There is a national carnival at u16 level though that is reported on so if one our lads was in this I’m sure you would make mention of it?

I respect your view on privacy for junior players HM.

There is a national carnival at u16 level though that is reported on so if one our lads was in this I’m sure you would make mention of it?

At that point, yeah. I’m ok with talking in general terms with what they’re doing etc, and if they’ve been playing in the u16 champs or been featured in a media piece etc then it’ll be reported on the afl site and via Emma etc anyway so any restraint on my part is a bit pointless. But a lot of keeping this thread updated involves trawling through obscure local footy results which any normal sane person would never bother looking at, and if I drill down that deep looking for info about the younger kids then it’s going a bit far IMHO.

It’s always a bit of a judgement call about how much detail to go into here, and I prefer to err on the side of caution until kids hit the u18s. I was a bit leery when I started this thread up that the club might politely ask me to stop, but they never did (and since have started up their own version in bomber mag & the JHA newsletters) so I guess they’re ok with how I’ve been doing things.

Saw Damien Peverill in a supermarket last week with his son. The son was wearing a red and black T shirt that proclaimed on the back “We are Essendon”. On the front it had a design featuring James Hird No 5 and other stuff that I didn’t quite catch. Pev looked really fit, his son looked about 5. I can’t comment on his football ability, but I reckon we’ve got him for life as a supporter.

So does anyone know how Jacob Lloyd's performing in the under 3's? Only 60cm tall but can he be the answer to our forward structure?

he went to ground as soon as he found out his old man is on FC.
currently studying soil engineering at monash.

Thread updated. Whole lot of not very much happening. Jydon Neagle’s doing well in the ovens-murray league, but brother Matthew hasn’t made his way back into the Bushrangers 22 despite the champs being on, so draft prospects are looking remote for him. Going to be a quiet couple of years for this thread I think. A few of the guys in the u16s and u15s are looking promising at this very early stage though.

Did a bit of chasing up on some of the other guys who I haven’t spoken about much - Darcy Denham doesn’t seem to have played any footy for something like 5 years now, and I can’t find any record of Rick O’Donnell playing at all.

Just get the Parish boys under some sort of hold please, brother son sibling rule

Just get the Parish boys under some sort of hold please, brother son sibling rule

They’re from country Victoria, not Tasmania.

Harvey Daniher and Jett Bewick have been given permission to train with the club.

Both were eligible last year, so that is interesting.

Upgrade Tippa and McKenna at the end of the year, put Daniher and Bewick on the rookie list, and we’d have a rookie list full of F/S players. It’s not good list management, but it’d be neat.

1 Like

Upgrade Tippa and McKenna at the end of the year, put Daniher and Bewick on the rookie list, and we’d have a rookie list full of F/S players. It’s not good list management, but it’d be neat.

What about Gach and Hams?

What about Gach and Hams?

Fair point, I forgot how many rookies we have.

Good to see the club still tracking them post draft years.

Surprised bewick still being monitored as i thought he didnt make the grade with the vfl this year. Good luck to him though. They’ve obviously got some talent.

Good to see the club still tracking them post draft years.

Surprised bewick still being monitored as i thought he didnt make the grade with the vfl this year. Good luck to him though. They’ve obviously got some talent.

Bewick did a collar bone in the lead up to the VFL season and only really got back a few weeks ago in the EDFL I’m told