Father Son Watch (2017 onwards)

Jesus that is one tall and skinny kid. Wonder how tall he’ll end up.

I reckon about 1.98m and 92kg.

1 Like

What did Dustin weigh when he started?

Toothpick.

Can play, saw some vision of him in Calders practice match vs Easterm from last weekend. Played CHB and is just like his dad

Apparently those in the know reckon that he is still growing, has very large feet and 205 cm is not out of the question. If his arms as as long as his Dad’s then that would mean he could stretch right across the goal square !!

1 Like

If he gets that tall, … and is as durable as Dad,… I’d say there’s a fair chance he might end up in the ruck. … or irony of ironies, … at Full Forward!!

Anyone know if he’s actually had a crack at either possie through his junior stints thus far?

1 Like

Sounds delicious, if he gets that height, id love for him to be able to put weight on easier than his Dad.

Look forward to another generation of Silvagni or Fletcher conversations

4 Likes

From Carlton supporters.

6 Likes

The (good) scary thing is he is that height and not even eligible until next year. Great to hear that he is in the squad this year, hopefully he is as good as we all hope. Will be interesting if he hits ruck height, we probably need another really tall young forward/ruck to develop alongside Draper. A Peter Wright/Lobb type player who was just starting to impact in about 2020/2021 would complement the age profile of Hooker, Belly and Leuey.

If Draper and he could step up as our next ruck/forward combinations it would be fantastic.

Or am I getting ahead of myself? :innocent:

Not at all Ants; if we get the same improvement that Dustin had over his Dad, then Mason will be a ripper !!

1 Like

I like it how you say I’m not getting ahead of myself.

Then put what is effectively this HUGE “IF” in the next statement, based on a family member’s development. :laughing:

He’s been named CHB for the round 1 game tonight. Good luck Mason!

4 Likes

So the fact Dustin played 136 games more than his dad means Mason will hit 536…

4 Likes

Maybe the tripping gene hasn’t been passed on?

Ohhh, Boooo.

Come on, clearly taking the ■■■■

Yes, … likewise.

Could the three generations accumulate 1000 games between them?

(Just had a little rush of self awareness… wow…)