Favorite Places To Eat

A serious suggestion, went to gazi for a party for a family member, their banquet was good.

A serious suggestion, went to gazi for a party for a family member, their banquet was good.

We think the same, re. I was going to suggest it and I haven't even been there.

You get a mini souva, what's not to like.

I just checked out the site, looks ok, and the prices look good, I may have to go for a reconnaissance mission in the near future. :)

anyone been to the noodle night market yet? is it an unorganised shambles like last year, or have they got their **** together?

Haven't been myself, but one of the girls at work reckons 'shambles' is 8 goals up heading into time-on in the last quarter.

Its flat out busy, but its a HEAP better than last year. It's at birrarung marr now and is split over three sections. The Chin Chin / Gelato Messina section is hella busy though.

thanks guys. think i'll give it a crack regardless... 

Miss Pilgrim is turning 18 at the end of January and is looking for ideas on where to go. She wants to invite about 10 or 12 friends and hit up a restaurant in the City, somewhere a bit fancy where they can dress up. Please keep in mind I'm paying for this and my suggestion of subways'ss was shot down in a flash. :D

I'm thankful that only one of her friends is 18 so a big drinks tab shouldn't be an issue.

Heard nando's is great for fancy dinners

Sounds good, I'll pass it on

can always use this to convince them too

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/27/adnan-januzaj-took-student-on-date-to-nandos-in-tracksuit-bottoms-4278512/

Yeah I don't have a problem with it but I just asked her and she gave me "the look"

She wants something in Crown, do they have a maccas in there?

Chin Chin, Mamasita. Crown has Gradi.

I just had a dinner at Father's Office which was decent. I had to pay a $10 deposit per person due to it being a Friday night, but went over the deposit/tab which they wiped clean. Are you going to hit up a club afterwards?

Miss Pilgrim is turning 18 at the end of January and is looking for ideas on where to go. She wants to invite about 10 or 12 friends and hit up a restaurant in the City, somewhere a bit fancy where they can dress up. Please keep in mind I'm paying for this and my suggestion of subways'ss was shot down in a flash. :D

I'm thankful that only one of her friends is 18 so a big drinks tab shouldn't be an issue.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/27/adnan-januzaj-took-student-on-date-to-nandos-in-tracksuit-bottoms-4278512/

Yeah I don't have a problem with it but I just asked her and she gave me "the look"

Chin Chin, Mamasita. Crown has Gradi.

I just had a dinner at Father's Office which was decent. I had to pay a $10 deposit per person due to it being a Friday night, but went over the deposit/tab which they wiped clean. Are you going to hit up a club afterwards?

lol, nah I'm not hitting a club afterwards, I don't even know if I'm invited to dinner :unsure:

Most of my Daughters friends are still only 17 so I doubt they will be hitting a club either, although that didn't stop me when I was that age, but shhh, don't tell Her that  :lol: 

They have a KFC

In all seriousness the Merriwell is good at Crown.

Unreal onion rings.

Amen. The cheesy filled Jalepenio are good too

Luxembourg on Fitzroy St is fantastic. $70 degustation.

I also had stir fry noodles for brekkie yesterday so yeah I think I did well to eat everything :slight_smile:

Ate heartily at the Vegie Hut in Box Hill yesterday. It's a Chinese mock meat restaurant and is the only restaurant I've eaten in with a prominent poster for the Animal Justice Party at the entrance. The "pork" buns were good but the "lamb" curry was uncanny and even my mock meat hating better half had to admit "you couldn't pick it". The soy based mocks were a bit less convincing than the seitan "meat". The food at Southbank's Enlightened Cuisine might be a bit better but this joint is cheaper; the lunch mains average around $10 and it's BYO.

Luxembourg on Fitzroy St is fantastic. $70 degustation.
I also had stir fry noodles for brekkie yesterday so yeah I think I did well to eat everything :)

Marry me

Went to Lucy Liu last week. Oliver lane, just down from Chin Chin. I’d give it an 18/20.

Excellent - yummy sharing food in a relaxed place. Asian with a mix of other influences. It’s been getting lots of very good reviews and they are well deserved.

Had my work Christmas party there Friday. $64 for 3 courses. Really good food. But the mains didn't come out til after 1030pm (booking started at 830pm)

- megz

and The Moat, Little Lonsdale St, next to State Library is also worth trying. Downstairs in a quirky eclectic space the food is very good. They also have an outside bit. Nice place for a drink and a bite.

Went to Lucy Liu last week. Oliver lane, just down from Chin Chin. I'd give it an 18/20.
Excellent - yummy sharing food in a relaxed place. Asian with a mix of other influences. It's been getting lots of very good reviews and they are well deserved.

$$?

Had a stall at the night noodle market as well, didn't get anything from there but it looked and smelled beautiful.

Went to Lucy Liu last week. Oliver lane, just down from Chin Chin. I'd give it an 18/20.
Excellent - yummy sharing food in a relaxed place. Asian with a mix of other influences. It's been getting lots of very good reviews and they are well deserved.

$$?

Had a stall at the night noodle market as well, didn't get anything from there but it looked and smelled beautiful.

Prices are fine.  Good size serves. You eat well for what you pay.

menu-image.jpg

What did people think of the Night Noodle market this year? 

What did people think of the Night Noodle market this year? 

Busy

Yeah, I got that with the lines. Any standout stores or dishes that anyone found? 

Gelato Messina with their $9 special. Mmm