Favourite Album For Each Year Of The 2000s

So how do we define that? Officially released as a single; or just favourite song released during that year? Could become very problematic, but interesting.

1 Like

I reckon favourite song, but who knows. It’s a completely different proposition though, so could be interesting

I think singles would be hard for fans of certain genres where they don’t really do the chart/singles thing. But maybe forcing people to choose from only singles would be interesting. You can always check on Rate Your Music or Discogs if it had a single or ep release.

I’m so gonna lie.
Unintentionally, but still…my favourite song of the year now will not be my favourite song of the year then.
If it was then I think Let’s Go All the Way - Sly Fox would get a nod.

It will not get a nod.

Yeah, somehow I don’t think 7-year-old me picking We Are The World is gonna work.

1 Like

You think you guys have got problems? Half of my early selections would have come from Rolf Harris, Gary Glitter and Michael Jackson!

5 Likes

It was early selections that got them in strife.

5 Likes

Bwahaha !!

If we do go down the road of ‘favourite song at the time’, I’d ask that we leave 1990 out completely.

Because somebody might select Ice Ice Baby.

Just asking for a friend.

6 Likes

I struggled with Albums, let alone Singles!

Yeah, yeah… sure, sure.

Do you perform it a capella and word perfect when you get drunk at parties?

Of course. I even did it one night when I was designated driver.

Hell, I’ll do it right now.

1 Like

Challenge accepted.
youtube is a thing.

1 Like

Be careful what you wish for.

Oh, I’m ready.

You’d reckon somewhere on YouTube, there’d be somebody even vaguely fitting my general demographics who had done this already, and I could pass off as my own.

But nup. Instead I just suffered through snippets of some of the most gosh darn awful vanilla ice covers in existence, which places it in the running for worst covers ever.

I’ve suffered enough for this premise.

2 Likes

It was an emotional decade. Marriage, divorce, party too hard and then loved up at the end. And I can’t think of a single thing I regret. Mustn’t have been too bad.

2000 Killing Heidi - Reflector.
2001 Basement Jaxx - Rooty.
2002 Audioslave - Audioslave.
2003 Evanescence - Fallen.
2004 The Killers - Hot Fuss.
2005 Coldplay - X&Y.
2006 Muse - Black Holes And Revelations.
2007 Chemical Brothers - We Are The Night. HM Kings of Leon - Because of the times.
2008 Oceanlab - Sirens of the sea.
2009 Royksopp - Junior.

3 Likes

Did you see the guy from Frightened Rabbit died Jez? Sad. Went missing and I think killed himself, had battles with mental illness. Worst part is the whole thing played out on their Twitter, them pleading with people to find him.

Yeah, I saw all that. A real shame. My cousin actually dated one of them once and was close to the band, she was really torn up. He wrote some excellent songs.

1 Like