Favourite Essendon Goals

Apologies if this was done on the old board. Just wondering what are some of your favourite Bombers goals. They don't have to be match winners, could just be freak goals, team goals, greak skill etc

Some of mine:

2005 3rd qtr against StKilda- We are getting on a run (Lloyds 200th game), Hird grabs it on the 50m line and buries it, crowd went ballistic.

2000 QF Lloyd's 100th Goal, was so happy to see a Bomber's player kick 100 in a season.

Lloyd's backheel goal against Carlton in 2007 i think it was.

I remember a Hird checkside goal in 2001 I think, he has his head bandaged, got crunched twice somehow of one step drilled it from the boundary.

Any of Jason Johnson's goals in the comeback game.

Calthorpe, quarter 3 of 1993 Grand Final.

Mind you, I also LOVE Wallis' goal shortly after THE bump; made Silvagni and Rice (?) look stupid.

And Chris Daniher's don't-argue later in the game.

Longy did something too.

Wanganeen = Biggest. Disappointment. Ever.

P.S. Fark Carlton.

1 paul westons  1984 g/f

2 merv neagles  1984 g/f

3 longys goal  1993 p/l

*steve alessio goal v geelong game breaking goal in ablett14 salmon 10 game in  93

Tim Watson 93 prelim

James Hird game winner v West Coast

Joey Misiti’s goal against the Hawks in the 2001 prelim

Jason Johnson’s goal against North in the 2001 comeback game

Any one of James Hird’s goals against the Pies in the 05 (?) Anzac game

Zaka game winner v Pies in Anzac game

There had to be more during the 80s and 90s, but I can’t really remember them.

Paul Salmon Rd 16 1993 vs WCE, wasn’t pretty but damn it was memorable including the celebrations later.

Anything from Fletch really, but his long bombs, the torp vs St Kilda in 2007 and on the run vs Carlton in 2011 were fantastic.

Mercuri making Carlscum defenders look silly, still the best goal I've ever seen live.

[youtube]GfzUAVMec6I[/youtube]

Hmm it appears the youtube feature doesn't work how it used to, and why can't I edit my post? Oh well nevermind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfzUAVMec6I

I have a fairly vivid memory of Paul Sproule kicking a low bullet like drop kick goal from the near the boundary line at Windy Hill in the late 60s. Do you accept contenders from defectors?

Hird v West Coast 2004

McFarkhead kicked a ripper one night at etihad, complete fluke but was a check side from 45 out.

Alwyn on Anzac Day 2007

Michael Long was one of the best players I've ever seen. His great goals, could play midfield and forward, defense.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brrcGAgnuTk[/media]'

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PFrSvoWAwY[/media]

Wanganeens Torpedi goal against Westcoast in 92 or 93 to put us infront after being 43 points down.

The crowd went ape ■■■■.

Sorry I meant against Melbourne.

Wanganeens Torpedi goal against Westcoast in 92 or 93 to put us infront after being 43 points down.

The crowd went ape ****.

Was a drop punt. 1992 Anzac Day. Were down by 47 early in the last quarter. Don't get me started on this one again :D

EDIT: and against Melbourne, not West Coast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic9jIYq2MHQ

Possibly Leon Baker's blind turn and goal on the run in '84 GF. This was the moment we had waited for. Baker knew it, the other players knew it, Essendon were going to win the flag. After that goal nothing was going to stop us. The sheer joy on his face, is etched forever in my memory. 

Mercuri vs Hawks in 2000. Took a mark about 50 out and dislocated his finger, so he bawkled the guy on the mark and got to within 40 and kicked the goal.

The crowd went ape ****.

Was a drop punt. 1992 Anzac Day. Were down by 47 early in the last quarter. Don't get me started on this one again :D

Feel free.

Although I was at the ground I was only a kid and only have vague memories of it.

Bewick at the SCG in 1999 and against the Lions at the Gabba in 2000. The arrogance of his bouncing in the wet!

I remember a Hird checkside goal in 2001 I think, he has his head bandaged, got crunched twice somehow of one step drilled it from the boundary.

Yes, this was vs Adelaide in 2001 at Etihad. Crows players had been roughing up all match, I think he had to leave the game after half-time because he was having blurry vision.

I was sitting on the top-level near the 50m line when he kicked this goal. Was mesmerized by the brilliance and remember watching it bend all the way into goal.

Speaking of HIrd, I also remember his goal in 2001 that started the comeback against the Kangaroos. Took a mark on the lead, got shirt-fronted and dumped to the ground. So what does he do? Non-chalantly picked up the ball and strolled in to kick a goal. One of his most inspirational moments as a captain.

The crowd went ape ****.

Feel free.

Although I was at the ground I was only a kid and only have vague memories of it.

Like the Moorcroft mark, which was the cherry on the top of an amazing individual half of footy, the reason this goal is so remembered was the build-up. Not just that we ran down an eight-goal deficit, but that it came after we got the first seven easy and then struggled for ten minutes before finally getting this winning one. In the second quarter Wanganeen twice had shots from the same distance and angle (on the other flank) and both times fell just short. If I recall correctly both of those kicks also came from tackles/holding the ball (one definitely was). So when he got that final holding-the-ball, it was telling a story on so many different levels.

A certain member here, whose initials might be Franky Dunnell, can be seen jumping full retard in the aisle in the closing seconds as we run the ball down the wing. And fully justified, too.