Favourite Movie From Each Year Of The 2000s

I do not, good sir.

Is it directed by Chris Nolan? If so I probably would

2 Likes

I liked 500 Days of Summer because of Zooey Deschanel.

And the last scenes in the Bradbury Building where he was going for a gig as an architect, and they made no mention of what an architectural curiosity that building. It appears a few times in Bosch because Connelly is intensely interested in it…and in Angels Flight, the funicular railway.

1 Like

Wow, just reading about the Bradbury Building and how often it has been used in film, tv, and music videos. Cheers for that tidbit.

2000 - Gladiator (Sn@tch, American Psycho and Memento)

2001 - Black Hawk Down (Shrek and Training Day)

2002 - Road to Perdition (City of God and Gangs of New York)

2003 - Mystic River (Bad Santa and Old School)

2004 - Collateral (The Aviator and Million Dollar Baby)

2005 - Batman Begins (A History of Violence and Wedding Crashers)

2006 - The Departed (The Prestige, Inside Man and Little Miss Sunshine)

2007 - No Country for Old Men (Eastern Promises, 3:10 to Yuma and Superbad)

2008 - The Dark Knight (Gran Torino, Step Brothers, Tropic Thunder, Pineapple Express, Hancock and Role Models)

2009 - A Prophet (The Hangover and Inglourious Basterds)

Heath Ledger was simply incredible in The Dark Knight.

Has anyone ever heard the rumour that he based the character on Tom Waits, during an old interview he saw of him on Australian TV, when he was a kid.

2 Likes

Ledger was a pretty good actor as a kid.
Saw him perform on stage as Sherlock Holmes at Guildford Grammar.
Best performance.

3 Likes

I agree on the Zooey bit, but she was a fkn fruit loop in that movie. Almost ruined her for me.

Changing my 2009 vote to Moon. Just remembered it this morning.

2 Likes

I don’t agree that she was a fruit loop. She just wasn’t as committed as he was.

He was lucky to get out of the relationship before it soured completely…and importantly, before kids.

Oh very much. I seriously reckon I’ve listened to it over 100 times.

:hearts: Eddie Vedder

1 Like

I hope you’ve learned from them and become a better person (the relationships not the dancing) for it.

Because JGL’s character is a raging dckhead and very few people seem to understand that.

1 Like

You’re smitten.

I gave up on New Girl after 4 or 5 seasons…but that was because one character was a deadset Schmidt-head.

I’ve grown intolerant of flogs giving other characters ridiculous advice, and expecting them to follow it. That’s why I hate The Inbetweeners.

And I’ve ditched Zooey for Rachel Brosnahan.

1 Like

What about Saorise?

Rachel was great in House of Cards.

Nah, I’m still a dckhead.

1 Like

Yeah, nah on Saoirse.

I don’t remember Rachel in HOC, just Manhattan and Mrs Maisel.

I know she was given 5 lines in the first episode of HOC and no character name, so they just used her own first name, and the show runners were so impressed she ended in 19 episodes. I gave up on HOC in Series 2. I could see it following the same themes and plot lines as the English original, but taking a lot longer to do it…13 episodes to 4.

She’s Kate Spade’s niece by the way. Or was.

1 Like

2000: High Fidelity
(The Dish, Bootmen, The Wog Boy, Looking for Alibrandi, Remember the Titans, Sexy Beast, The Whole Nine Yards)

2001: One Night the Moon
(The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Shrek, The Others, Hidden Tiger Crouching Dragon, The Princess Diaries, Lantana, Enemy at the Gates, He Died with a Felafel in His Hand)

2002: Catch Me If You Can
(Crackerjack, Australian Rules, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Rabbit Proof Fence, One Hour Photo, The Four Feathers, The Ring)

2003: Seabiscuit
(School of Rock, The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, The Lizzie McGuire Movie)

2004: Oyster Farm
(Thunderstruck, Mean Girls, Troy, House of Flying Daggers, Million Dollar Baby,The Notebook)

2005: Walk the Line
(Look Both Ways, War of the Worlds, Must Love Dogs, Oliver Twist, Memiors of a Geisha)

2006: Little Miss Sunshine
(Idiocracy, The Ten Canoes, Eight Below, Thank You for Smoking, Goal, The Queen, The Prestige, Curse of the Golden Flower, Charlotte’s Web)

2007: Pans Labyrynth,
(Ratatouille, Romulus My Father, Wild Hogs, Zodiac, Blades of Glory, Black Book, La vie en rose, Super Bad, Gone Baby Gone, The Darjeeling Limited, The Kite Runner, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber)

2008: The Boy in Stripped Pyjamas
(The Secret Life of Bees, The Reader, Defiance, Cadillac Records, Slumdog Millionaire,The Black Balloon, Mirrors)

2009: The Hurt Locker
(Samson and Delilah, Mao’s Last Dancer, District 9, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Education of Charlie Banks, The Boat that Rocked, The Lovely Bones, The Young Victoria, Coco before Chanel)

1 Like

2012 ( Avatar, Inglorious Basterds, Law Abiding Citizens)

RocknRolla ( Dark Knight, Kungfu Panda, Yes Man, 21)

No Country for Old Men ( Ratatouille, Superbad, Shooter)

300 ( Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man’s Chest, The Departed, Crank, Cars)

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ( Hostel, House of Wax, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Kingdom of Heaven, Sin City)

Kill Bill Vol 2 ( The Butterfly Effect, Saw, Troy, The Incredibles)

Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl ( Kill Bill, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, School of Rock, Holes)

Equilibrium ( Catch Me if You Can, Bourne Identity, Gangs of New York, Ghost Ship, Bend it like Beckham)

Thirteen Ghosts ( Black Hawk Down, Training Day, Oceans 11, Enemy at the Gate)

Almost Famous ( ■■■■■■, The Beach, American Psycho, The Cell, Charlie’s Angels, Pitch Black, Brother Where art Thou, Battle Royale)

■■■■■■ is a good film. Everyone should see ■■■■■■.

Forgot about Lantana.

Great film.

2 Likes