Fed Labor promise $4M for Hangar expansion

Members get 50% off. So all day park would only cost $250

5 Likes

Right yo. Labor is stumping up 4 mill…great. Half pays for Lundy.

Come at me ScoMo. Now where is your pork barrel to buy my vote?

1 Like

Can someone please provide the Herald Sun article :grinning:

i hate it when governments give money to big sporting clubs. ■■■■■ me to tears.

in this instance i can live with it.

7 Likes

We need a bidding war, Scomo needs to offer $8M. In fact he is down in Melbourne having coffee right now

Well, that was a let down. I thought the full announcement of the expansion was going down.

Is he at a cafe in Elwood with the leadership group?

1 Like

Has Scomo nominated us yet ?

2 Likes

Essendon Football Club has today welcomed the Federal Opposition commitment of $4 million to support the second stage of development for the Bombers’ home base, The Hangar, if elected at the next Federal Election.

Connected to the existing state-of-the-art club facilities, the Community, Education and Events Centre (CEEC) project is in direct partnership with the Australian Paralympic Committee (APC).

Alongside APC Chairman Jock O’Callaghan and hallmark Paralympic athletes Milly Tapper, Dani Di Toro and others, Essendon Chief Executive Xavier Campbell, senior coach John Worsfold and the Leader of the Opposition Hon Bill Shorten MP made the announcement at The Hangar on Tuesday morning.

Federal Labor’s investment will support the expansion of disability sporting programs, strengthening the partnership with the construction of wheelchair-accessible dormitory accommodation, improving access to facilities at The Hangar for athletes with disabilities, reducing APC program operating costs and providing new opportunities for disability sport participation, and talent identification activities.

The development will also enhance education facilities for the delivery of programs for people of all abilities, local and remote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and multicultural communities.

Leader of the Opposition Hon Bill Shorten MP congratulated the Australian Paralympic Committee and the Essendon Football Club for the strength of their partnership.

“There is no easy journey to make it to the pinnacle of elite sport, and our para-sport athletes know this better than anyone,” Shorten said.

“Our para-sport athletes work incredibly hard to be the best, and access to world class training facilities can make a massive difference.

“I congratulate the Australian Paralympic Committee and the Essendon Football Club for forming this partnership, and I’m very proud that if we’re elected, a Labor Government will put in the funding to ensure more para-athletes have the opportunity to train at The Hangar.

“Australia’s Paralympians are among the best in the world and they deserve access to the world’s best facilities.”

No mention of expanded car parking facilities or extra pokie machines. I am disappoint.

1 Like

Takes a few detours, breaks down a lot, and never gets to the ultimate destination? And heaps, heaps of passengers.

1 Like

I’m on board with the car park idea. Using my expertise as a parker of cars in airport carparks I think this could be a cash bonanza.

Will promise the funding, then re-direct it after the election

Ever tried parking at a city hospital? Airport parking is cheap in comparison

For the next 5, maybe 10 years until autonomous vehicles render carparks a thing of the past.

2 Likes

$4m apology for the “darkest day in Australian sport” ™?

21 Likes

Absolute delusion.

1 Like

That wont even remotely cover their mess…

Wait and see. It will come all at once

It absolutely will not happen overnight.

And, when it is safe enough to release, and does filter through the market (which it will, eventually), it absolutely will not lead to people burning their cars in a mass bonfire

And why on earth would it? People aren’t going to throw away $20k capital assets, just so they can pay someone to rent the same thing.

Tanner plus I reckon some support from the like of Dylan Alcott who is a massive bombers fan would have helped make this happen.

Good Times.

Go Dons.

2 Likes